• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

You could always do one of those fb marketplace posts saying:

"Seeing what i can get. Don't lowball me i know what i got". :lol:

In your case though you actually have something. Good luck on the sale.

You probably have an idea of what you want for the car and what the absolute bottom-dollar price that would make you happy. Pick a number, say $50K, and go from that point. Problem with "OBO" is you have committed yourself to taking the "best offer", even if that offer sucks. Say something like "Asking $50K cash, will consider offers/possible trades". That way, you're not committed to one course of action.

Best of luck with the sale!

You're not committed/obligated to accept any offer. It's a figure of speech.

Unless it's a regulated auction with an end time.

What's to say the "best offer" doesn't materialize for months?

Last edited:
You're not committed/obligated to accept any offer. It's a figure of speech.

Unless it's a regulated auction with an end time.

What's to say the "best offer" doesn't materialize for months?

"Or Best Offer" is actually an enforceable thing, in most states, and is NOT a figure of speech. It never is, though. "Best reasonable offer" is a far better statement to use.

Respectfully disagree.

That's just not the way any type of classified ad works.

Who gets to judge the time period in which the "best offer" is made?

Potential purchasers can make an offer, but the seller has to accept an offer in order for a verbal agreement to be made.

It sounds like you believe that if I make the highest offer, I can legally require you to sell me the car.

What if no other offers have been made, but I offer one dollar?

That's the "best offer" that has been made.

Last edited:
Plus "best" is a highly subjective term.

What if the highest offer has contingencies, like "wait until I get paid next month"?

...or "I just need to ask my wife".

Figured most people here have seen but Ben ended up as one of the cover cars on Mopar Collectors Guide!

We’ll be closing out the year with Ben at MCACN we have a couple people that want Ben who we’ll be meeting at the show hopefully one of them decides they want to take him home but it’ll be available until then

To peak people’s curiosities we have come up with a number that by general consensus people think is fair but as this thread can’t have items listed for sale I don’t think I can say it here
IMG_8097.jpeg

For everyone following this Coronet, you can watch the new owner's progress @AngryCylinder The story is to be continued!

For everyone following this Coronet, you can watch the new owner's progress @AngryCylinder The story is to be continued!
You should start a restoration thread on here.

Auto Transport Service
Back