• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.7 Swap Harness Wiring Diagram

Guys, if you plan to use the factory k member, do yourself a favor and get the mounts from TTI. No screwing around, and you can use the poly loc's from schmachercreativeservices.com That motor wont move 1/16 of an inch, thats a fact!!

The stick pcm's are 3 plugs and the auto's are 4 plugs, and yes you can have the auto deleted or turned off. One interesting observation, when I was running my engine, trans was bolted up (no conveter) trans was plugged to the tcm, it never threw a code for the trans, wierd, but kinda cool.
hmm 3 plug? I have a 06 charger hemi pcm that is 3 plugs. but thats from an auto car. Chargers have a separate tranny controller. would that hold true for the charger pcm?

Cant say for sure on the car pcm's, and yeah the cars have a pcm and tcm.

Guys, if you plan to use the factory k member, do yourself a favor and get the mounts from TTI. No screwing around, and you can use the poly loc's from schmachercreativeservices.com That motor wont move 1/16 of an inch, thats a fact!!

The stick pcm's are 3 plugs and the auto's are 4 plugs, and yes you can have the auto deleted or turned off. One interesting observation, when I was running my engine, trans was bolted up (no conveter) trans was plugged to the tcm, it never threw a code for the trans, wierd, but kinda cool.

I planned to make my own mounts using poly bushings for ridgity plus I may want to play with engine location a bit with my particular trans I am using. I can't afford TTI's headers so I will have to fab my own our use grand cherokee manifolds so I am not worried about later fitment. That and I already have the steel. :)

Thats a good note about the stick pcm's, good to know, I will have to check and see what greenmonsta's harness came out of.

Does Hooker make conversion headers?? 5.7 into B body? how pricey are those?

I really didn't see any but that doesn't mean anything. The only ones I know of are TTI.

Charger factory manifolds are available at 100-120 a side and would work great. Don't touch hooker headers their junk

SO the factory charger manifolds will work in a 69 B body? I am not running P/S I saw a guy had a set of 5.7 heads with Jeep exhaust manifolds and he would not split them off the heads to sell seperately!? I was going to make a oil filter block off plate and then get a remote mount filter setup I am also going to run a oil cooler in front of the radiator to the remote setup to keep oil temps in check as I think this is one thing that kills the bearings in these newer engines since they run so small oil passages and get coked easily.

So to any of you keeping tuned in for the result here I have some disappointment for you. In my quest for a wiring harness I was not able to find a stock harness at a good price but instead stumbled across 5.7 hemi's 03 harness which was built by Chris at HotwireAuto...He is going to modify his harness for me to run the 04-05 computer in my manual trans configuration. So I'm not going to name prices here but let me just say I couldn't say no as building it myself would end up costing me about the same.

Thank you to all who provided input and if I can help any of you guys with yours I will, so don't hesitate to ask.

Eh? Too bad I just found this thread... I used a 2005 Truck harness and modified it to start and run my 6.1L Hemi in my 68 Charger

Eh? Too bad I just found this thread... I used a 2005 Truck harness and modified it to start and run my 6.1L Hemi in my 68 Charger

Post what you got, anything is valuable for anybody still wanting to mod their harness. But thanks

I'm working on making a diagram - need to find a good wiring diagram as a reference though --- Then I can show what modifications need to be done.

i have a factory service manual if you want it. it cant be sent in pdf format i believe

a FSM would be very helpful. Its hard because all the FSM have like 30 pages of engine diagrams... I need to condense all of those onto ONE page. That's the time consuming part

About time!! I like the engine lift, very nice!!

Thanks....and I've been busy!

(the harness comes back from Chris this week, cant wait to see it)

Saw a few posts back and Hooker does make headers for b-body conversion, I bought a set for my 69 Charger they look good and were about $600.00. I saw a set of the TTI headers on another 69 Charger and it had melted the drivers side motor mount. I think they will have more clearnce than the tti but have not put in the car yet (waiting on trans).

TTI tells you that you need to shave some of the drivers side isolator, I did after I let it run to show me exactly where, it was easy and I also used the shumacher poly loc's.

At $600 you might as well buy the TTI headers instead and have less fitment issues from what I have heard.

With my engine location I am sure none of these would fit out of the box since I am sure my motor mounts do not coincide with theirs. But I have no need to mod the oil filter which I like!

Auto Transport Service
Back