• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50 and under members....who is y'all!?

I just turned 48 the end of February. Dad raised us up on Chevys and my first car that I bought was a 64 Impala. I remember one of the first Mopars I saw around the house was a 70 Hemi Orange Super Bee. I’m not going to lie. To this day a 70 Hemi Orange Black long stripe Super Bee is one of my favorites. Well the next Mopar I ever saw was the one I own today. How ironic. My dad owns an excavating business and I went with him to go look at a job installing a septic system for a guy that owned a body shop around the mid 90,s. They were car people also. Dad knew the owner and asked him if he still had that 69 Cheyenne. The owners name was Jimmy. Jimmy said yes, I still have it, want to look at it, dad said why sure. As we entered the shop I noticed a car sitting in the corner with a Sheet on it. As Jimmy was showing my dad that beautiful Cheyenne I couldn’t help but wonder what was under the sheet. I asked Jimmy what was under the sheet. He replied, that’s James 70 Charger, his son. He walked over to the car and took the sheet off and I was just mesmerized. That was the first time I’d ever seen a 2nd gen Charger in person. I was just amazed on just how beautiful the lines were on that car. I fell in love in with the car and would have never imagined I’d own it 10 years later. To make a long story a tad shorter. James ended up going crazy. He got on drugs and Claimed he was abducted by aliens and all kinds of crazy ****. I ended up with it in 2004 and have had it since.

View attachment 1629321
Screenshot_20230301_221056_Chrome.jpg

Don't go out at night alone....

I'm 48,will be 49 next month. My dad had mostly Chevy's when he was a teenager back in the early 70's. When I was about 15 I got the talk. I don't remember the exact words but it was basically a rundown of every flaw,weak spot, and what component leaks this and leaks that. So I wasn't allowed to get a Chevy. So around 1990,the first car we attempted to buy was a 71 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. The engine was in good shape but the body needed work. They were asking $1300, but my dad tried chewing him down to $800 but they wouldn't budge. We looked at a few cars here and there and eventually bought a 72 Dart Swinger. It was a stock 318 2 barrel engine. The car had perfect interior,perfect vinyl top, and an almost perfect body. There was a little bit of rust on both sides of the car behind the rear wheels. I was only the second owner of that car. My parents still have it.

Afraid Im well past that number.

BUT, mines future is in good hands I think

megan,,,again.jpg

I just turned 48 the end of February. Dad raised us up on Chevys and my first car that I bought was a 64 Impala. I remember one of the first Mopars I saw around the house was a 70 Hemi Orange Super Bee. I’m not going to lie. To this day a 70 Hemi Orange Black long stripe Super Bee is one of my favorites. Well the next Mopar I ever saw was the one I own today. How ironic. My dad owns an excavating business and I went with him to go look at a job installing a septic system for a guy that owned a body shop around the mid 90,s. They were car people also. Dad knew the owner and asked him if he still had that 69 Cheyenne. The owners name was Jimmy. Jimmy said yes, I still have it, want to look at it, dad said why sure. As we entered the shop I noticed a car sitting in the corner with a Sheet on it. As Jimmy was showing my dad that beautiful Cheyenne I couldn’t help but wonder what was under the sheet. I asked Jimmy what was under the sheet. He replied, that’s James 70 Charger, his son. He walked over to the car and took the sheet off and I was just mesmerized. That was the first time I’d ever seen a 2nd gen Charger in person. I was just amazed on just how beautiful the lines were on that car. I fell in love in with the car and would have never imagined I’d own it 10 years later. To make a long story a tad shorter. James ended up going crazy. He got on drugs and Claimed he was abducted by aliens and all kinds of crazy ****. I ended up with it in 2004 and have had it since.

View attachment 1629321
That is one fine ride!! That partially blacked out hood has officially grown on me.

36 here. My dad has always had Mopars. I got my '69 Roadrunner when I was 15 and am hoping to have it done in the next year or so. I have two daughters 5 and 2.5 and try to get them involved in the hobby any chance I get.

36 here. My dad has always had Mopars. I got my '69 Roadrunner when I was 15 and am hoping to have it done in the next year or so. I have two daughters 5 and 2.5 and try to get them involved in the hobby any chance I get.
Be careful what you wish for. My 2 girls have almost officially taken over mine.

We had Tye Dyed , she has ripped

I've learned not to go there . Shes a good kid . No drama , no drugs . No issues .
I was kidding, if you had Tye Dyed, you’re not very old. She must have gotten all of her mother’s good traits! Nice to hear about success stories.

I was kidding, if you had Tye Dyed, you’re not very old. She must have gotten all of her mother’s good traits! Nice to hear about success stories.
I'm 64

She got mommas looks. My bull headed Ness

42 here, got my first B body 2007. I have 2 A Bodies also that came first. Got my first Mopar at 19, 1969 Dodge dart.
IMG_0926.png

Last edited:
32 yrs old.

My first car was a 66 Ford Mustang. I bought it myself and drove it throughout high school. Since I was a young kid with an older car a lot of people would talk me. I went to local shows (Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach) and learned a lot from new people and seeing all the cars parked there.

My introduction to Mopar came in the form of a fancy storage facility in Costa Mesa called Crevier Classic Cars. This warehouse had vehicles that ranged from modern Ferraris & Lamborghinis to American Muscle to Packards. The car in that facility that stood out was 73 Dodge Challenger (black with blue interior). I stared at that car for hours.

I visited the warehouse and made friends with the head mechanic. He would fix anything and everything in that facility. One day, a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner painted Vitamin C orange appeared. My first introduction to a B body.

A year or two later, I visited my friend in his work space and he was working on a 64 Belvedere. I had never seen a car like it, totally different from the Roadrunner. I thought it was weird looking but I liked it. Parked next to it was another Belvedere and a Sport Fury, all 3 in the 2 door hardtop configuration. The Belvedere he was working on was painted light brown and had an aluminum racing Hemi. That car had unbelievable cool! It left a BIG impression.

Fast forward to 2020, I had free time & some money. I wanted to buy something to learn how to tinker and fix. I was looking at craigslist for a project and my best buddy found this 64 Plymouth Sport Fury. It was described as a 383 car with 4 speed. I thought "Big block 4 speed Mopars do not fall out of the sky like this, I should jump on this". So I did, best decision/mistake I've made.

Hope this post wasn't too long

I'm 46. My Charger is my only Mopar. Have no brand loyalty, just like cars that are nice to look at and fun to drive :)

Auto Transport Service
Back