• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

I'm glad someone likes it, kinda thought everyone disliked it. When/if finances allow may get a oem red carpet someday. I just didn't like the idea of everything black, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just think there's enough all black chargers already. Planning on a red tail stripe also. Here's a pic of a nice one with a red stripe.

View attachment 442712
I think a black car with red trimmings is absolutely awesome - great combo - so you have my vote!

But as others said, only YOU need to like it, screw the rest of us!

Hawk

Carpet looks awesome in there, any chance of getting the seats upholsteted to match? I'm liking your plans.:thumbsup:

The seats are all black, for now anyway. Funding is getting so tight anything extra that's not needed to get rolling would slow me even more. But other red things may pop up here and there as it gets closer to finished.

Got this the other day. Saw some good reviews on them. The master cylinder was backordered for a couple weeks.

20170717_180004_resized.jpg

Finally painted the roll bar/s. Gave up on the hammered red and ended up gloss black oil based brush on, "the poor man's powder coat". Came out nice, but the secret is Penetrol mixed with the paint. It slows down the drying and keeps brush marks out.

20170727_180950_resized.jpg 20170727_181147_resized.jpg 20170727_072730_resized.jpg

Got the master cylinder today. Looks great.. Now just gotta figure out how to put it and the pedal bracket stuff back together. Looks like I may have to drill some new holes first off. It had power drum brakes and now I'm going manual disc/drum. Any help and/or pics would really be appreciated.

20170801_201307_resized.jpg

Kid I did not have to drill any holes on mine.

Hope this picture helps.
Yes it does, thanks.. And thanks for the tips on right stuff co... I have a big collection of pics for the brake and pedal install., I'll be looking at all I can get probably.

Not sure how much help these are. Also check out the Moparnation74, Justins thread 69 GTX for the love of my father. He has lots lots of good pic, tips.
IMG_20160306_121755.jpg
IMG_20160410_161524.jpg

Ok, now I see. I just need to egg out the big center hole and drill some new ones for the top bolts of the mc in the outer plate. I guess those are different on power and manual. Hoping to have a little time to work on it this weekend. Thanks , love pics of stuff I gotta do.

20170804_175810_resized.jpg

I have no idea how I missed this thread and so glad you sent me the link! I have only gone a 1/4 of the way and will finish up the rest monday while at work, lol(Gives me something more important to do)

All I can say is WOW...The metal work alone, bro, the door repair that was done very well....

This is going to be a very nice charger when finished! I am looking forward to going through the rest and keeping up with your build!

Justin

Thanks Justin.. Coming from a guy with your talent is a real boost for my confidence. I've been watching your thread but need to go back thru it for some tips on stuff I gotta do.
I'm trying to get my brake pedal in now and need some of these white plastic pivot shaft bushings. I could only find one of my old ones and it's not in to good of shape. Anyone know a good place to get those?

20170806_130436_resized.jpg

Thanks Con, Nice site. Never seen that one..
And thanks Justin, I am glad to know that my photobucket link to my gallery is still working, since I was told me that it didn't work and never has. I posted that link in 13 posts early in this thread and photobucket now says I have to delete them., but I guess that can't be done since there is no edit option on those old post. Anyone else have this problem?

Somehow the other plastic bushing showed up, so I got the pedal attached to the bracket, now I need the push-rod like in the pic below that goes to the mc. I also cut out the big hole on the plate and used the piece I cut out to fill in the top of the hole and drilled the extra holes.

mp4BCxh57IHCpz61NnpA3oA.jpg 20170814_202438_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I borrowed a rear wheel and tire to help make sure I get the right size. This is a 275/60/15 tire on a 15x8 rim with a 3.5- 4" backspace. Lots of room left for bigger. I'm thinking, like some here have suggested, a 15x10 rim with 5 or 5.5, and 295/50 tire. The car should sit down another inch or two when finished I'd imagine.

20170818_105119_resized.jpg 20170818_105633_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back