• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

The “as rec’d” numbers have some minor blending in the bowls, and the rest of the port had some minor sanding roll work done.
No chamber work, and the Indy valve job.

I recut the seats, did a basic full port job on the exhaust, and reworked the chambers.
The intake ports got the guide bosses trimmed down, short turns profiled, and the bowls opened up.
I didn’t feel that making the intake port “bigger” from the manifold face to the bowl, for a very slight gain in cfm, would be the right move for this combination.
Since the castings had already been smoothed out there, I left them as they were.

I told him they would flow in the 350 range done like that...... and they do.

On another note, Wookie sent me some dyno sheets to look at from last year, and it appears with a certain carb spacer combination it had the same kind of oddball fuel flow curve as this last test....... and with no spacer...... it was fine.

After seeing that, I don’t think the issue is a “mechanical” one.

On another note, Wookie sent me some dyno sheets to look at from last year, and it appears with a certain carb spacer combination it had the same kind of oddball fuel flow curve as this last test....... and with no spacer...... it was fine.

After seeing that, I don’t think the issue is a “mechanical” one.
Thats good info, with that info he should be able to sort it out at the track.

Pretty cool to see. I bought a set of -1 325cnc, 2.19valve (had the guides sized and valvejob) last year for my 505 (ran out of time to install) and was curious of a ballpark of the flow. Sounds like they pretty good

Yeah I will put new seals and gaskets in the carb. I dyno’d with a 2” header, but come to find out my 2 1/8” headers I have will fit the motor and the car.
Like PRHeads said. We discussed a few things prior to the port job that was done. Because I run a heavy car, we went in a different than he would normally go with a set of heads like this.
We both agreed it may make slightly less power than the previous combo because these heads like lots of cubes and more cam.
I am at max cubes at current setup and a bigger cam would kill the launch on my tank.
Next May will tell the story after a few passes to see how the car reacts.
The converter should be a very nice fit for this combo.

still looks like a very respectable combo & #'s

good luck

Yeah I have to keep in mind it is a bracket car and I am using a stock block. Being down some power may be a good thing.

Anyone have a max wedge port 4500 Indy manifold with the cloverleaf still intact that they would like to part with?

Does anyone know where the baseline setting is on a Milodon adjustable relief valve?
I have a new end cap coming with the fitting out the back of it because the other style is right in the way of the rack.
Milodon offers an externally adjustable relief valve, so I ordered one of those also. Just wondering if there is a baseline setting for when I fire it up for the first time?
I couldn’t find any instructions.
May have to cal Milodon.

Does anyone know where the baseline setting is on a Milodon adjustable relief valve?
I have a new end cap coming with the fitting out the back of it because the other style is right in the way of the rack.
Milodon offers an externally adjustable relief valve, so I ordered one of those also. Just wondering if there is a baseline setting for when I fire it up for the first time?
I couldn’t find any instructions.
May have to cal Milodon.
Depends on internal clearances and thickness of pump rotors. I've had the turned all the in when the pushrod holes were to big or lifter bore clearances are loose. Currently on mine i had to keep cutting a 1/2 coil at a time from the relief spring. Ended up removing 1 1/2 coils to get the pressure down where it needed to be. The spring is so short now it rattles loose in the pump. But 70psi@7000. 30-50 at idle depending on oil temp, 5w30 JR1 oil.
Doug

A few shots sitting on the engine stand. Test fitting some things before it goes in the car.

9A3731DE-FB82-490E-9AA9-7DF7EFDB5F53.jpeg 224AD52F-65E7-40E0-A6FC-AF1F5ACD4012.jpeg 005D97CD-9E97-472A-8E67-64A11395B8B4.jpeg 1720891C-3C57-4D2A-9DB4-A4634DED602E.jpeg

Lookin' sharp. The single line oiling won't try to suck the pan dry? Just curious

I was told that for the RPM I run a single line is perfectly fine.

Yeah I just have to change the end cap so it faces out the back. Coming out where it is will hit the rack. Have the cap. Just need to swap it out.

I took the plunge and sent my manifold to Wilson manifolds for porting. We will see if it’s worth the $$$$.

Lookin forward to seeing it go. Bring it down here and start early.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back