• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

That’s the competition porting.

I was waiting for you to tell me to get that big plate. Like you I need more cage for that.

Dont mean to be a busybody, but if I can remind you. The restriction on the inlet side of the external line setup is the inlet screen of the swinging pickup. Remove it. Thats if you have the swinging pickup of course. The static pickups will pull air at a higher oil level than a swinging pickup.
20190226_142957.jpg

Dont mean to be a busybody, but if I can remind you. The restriction on the inlet side of the external line setup is the inlet screen of the swinging pickup. Remove it. Thats if you have the swinging pickup of course. The static pickups will pull air at a higher oil level than a swinging pickup.View attachment 725814
Are you saying to remove the pictured "screens"? I wouldn't. Even with the screens you can pull some pretty good size chunks into the pump. But at least it won't lock the pump and shear the drive . Never had a starvation issue even with the single line pump.
Doug

Last edited:
Wookie ,
Just bought my new World iron block home yesterday . Nice to not have to deal with 40 + year old blocks anymore .
Old block was worse for wear .

Tex

20190302_125531.jpg 20190301_171709.jpg 20190302_130054.jpg

Wookie ,
Just bought my new World iron block home yesterday . Nice to not have to deal with 40 + year old blocks anymore .
Old block was worse for wear .

Tex

View attachment 727200 View attachment 727204 View attachment 727207
I have a friend who races a stock 440 block (like most of us) with only 440 cubic inches. His car runs consistent 10.60-10.70.
He put a 250HP shot of Nitrous on it for this last weekend at the test and tune.
The car went 10.90....2 runs in a row....then the next day it blew the rod bearings out on 3 cylinders. I personally don't know if it was due to the Nitrous or not....

I have a friend who races a stock 440 block (like most of us) with only 440 cubic inches. His car runs consistent 10.60-10.70.
He put a 250HP shot of Nitrous on it for this last weekend at the test and tune.
The car went 10.90....2 runs in a row....then the next day it blew the rod bearings out on 3 cylinders. I personally don't know if it was due to the Nitrous or not....
Ouch !
Well my stock stroke 440 is 10 years running so far , gone 10.70 . NO gas for me

Tex

That’s a tuning issue.

Yeah I have to order pistons for the new block. Have a guy on the line for my 440 short block. As soon as it sells I will order pistons.
Yeah that is scary Tex. You were lucky.
Make a coffee table out of it.

Tex, did you happen to weigh the new block?
I’ve used two of them, but both were 4.500 bore.
I seem to recall those being just over 300lbs.

As much as I want the 572 together this year, many things will have to fall together perfect for it to happen. Hopefully the 512 give me a trouble free season.

How much heavier is a Mega Block, and how much lighter is an aluminum block compared to a stock block?

PR ,
The block on a half pallet for shipping was i tnink 170 kilograms , i will see if i have the shipping docket at work tomorrow . The 300+lb is what is bandied about for world block .

Wookie a stock 440 block is around 220/230 , aluminium about 100lbs lighter
My wife wouldnt let that in the house

Tex

Tex

Yeah I figured an Aluminum Block was about 100 pounds lighter than stock.

I knew they could be trimmed up. 30 pounds is a decent weight loss.

PR ,
checked shipping invoice .
140 kilograms , incl half pallet , so about 290-300lbs bare
I have been told 30-40 pounds lighter when bored to 4.5"

Tex

Thanks Tex. Keep us posted on the build.

DVW is giving the weight for his “mega block”.
Not the same as the World block that Tex has.

The World block is a completely different casting, made by a different manufacturer than the Mega Block.

Auto Transport Service
Back