• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 with 440-1 heads. Dyno Results are in

Looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate this Saturday. Will be hitting the track to see what number it run.
---
Good luck Wooks! I'll be waiting for a real time update!

If it goes in the 10.20’s or better I will be very happy. Better be under 10.50. If it isn’t then something is wrong.

good luck with the outing
PS : hope your DA comes round . Was out on Wed night for my son's first ever pass at a street car meet . DA was 340 , wished I was running . But it was cold .

Tex

I still have 2 full bottles here. The buyer hasn’t picked up yet. Thankfully the plate and the solenoids are already gone.

Loaded and ready.

D32836AD-AEE5-4007-B944-3862480B89F3.jpeg E5EC3B14-3B56-4B9B-973C-7471DB2DCF5B.jpeg

I don't know if it applies to your build, but a mopar buddy of mine told me that 440-1 heads on any thing less than 540 inches wont work as well as ported EZ heads.

I probably should start a new thread. The motor has EZ heads on it now. The -1’s are on the shelf waiting for the 572 build.
The combo currently is basically what it used to be with the old EZ heads that cracked.
These EZ heads are not ported quiteas much but I do have a ported Wilson Manifold now. Don’t think the change will quite offset the bigger ported EZ heads, but hopefully it will be close.

I probably should start a new thread. The motor has EZ heads on it now. The -1’s are on the shelf waiting for the 572 build.
The combo currently is basically what it used to be with the old EZ heads that cracked.
These EZ heads are not ported quiteas much but I do have a ported Wilson Manifold now. Don’t think the change will quite offset the bigger ported EZ heads, but hopefully it will be close.
You’ll know shortly!

Off the trailer. Do I know my car or what. Basically exactly what I guessed.

8F95C460-F8A0-4280-A26B-5F2CBFFF3C9D.jpeg

How does that compare to what it would have gone in similar weather, at that track, with the other heads and unported manifold?

What’s the current race weight?

Track elevation?

Weather like today probably a high 10 teen to a low 10 20

60 is off 2/100 from previous combo

2 more time trials yet stay tuned.

Some of that 60’ is likely the gear change

Bottom line......
Several changes....... some good, some probably not so good.......not really any major change in performance.

Different heads, manifold, carb, gears than when you ran the 10.14....... right?

Last edited:
Correct

10.38 in the other lane just under 130. Car was warmer as I’m having a neutral safety issue. 60 was 1.44 again.

Another 10.34 in the left. 131.6. I think it's working. 1.44 60

Auto Transport Service
Back