• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth stock eliminator project

Could you post a picture of it please?

DSC_9080.jpg

DSC_9081.jpg

DSC_9082.jpg

DSC_9083.jpg

Here is a picture of the steering wheel. I believe that I have a horn button for it also.
20230317_123654.jpg

Bought a 63 Sport Fury hardtop yesterday set up for stock eliminator racing. 383 4bbl. Will be running it in H/SA. 12.15 index.3505 lbs. with driver. Needing some interior parts...door panels and rear window panels. Stock steering wheel and bucket seats. Have a few other things to address but nothing major.

View attachment 1432680

View attachment 1432681

View attachment 1432682

View attachment 1432683

View attachment 1432684

View attachment 1432685
Your min weight will be 3520, the HP is 292, I'm building the same engine as we speak and may put it in my 63 Sport Fury, long story. That carb will flow about 600CFM with a good air cleaner base, about 580 without, pushbuttons would be nice in there.

Looks to be a cool, start to a project project

good luck

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

Your min weight will be 3520, the HP is 292, I'm building the same engine as we speak and may put it in my 63 Sport Fury, long story. That carb will flow about 600CFM with a good air cleaner base, about 580 without, pushbuttons would be nice in there.
My choice would have been the push button trans as well. I have one that was set up back in the 90's, just need to be freshened up. May end up doing that in the future. Would like to see some pics of your Sport Fury.

Definitely will be following your progress! Cool car. I’ll be starting on my 63 Belvedere soon too.

My choice would have been the push button trans as well. I have one that was set up back in the 90's, just need to be freshened up. May end up doing that in the future. Would like to see some pics of your Sport Fury.
PM sent.

Making slow progress on the Sport Fury...replaced that ugly steering wheel with this one from bobs63wagon? Thank you Bob! Picked up some decent door panels and rear panels. Had to replace the leaky radiator and leaky fuel pump (sitting on the bumper)

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

Look forward to seeing it. I've succesfully removed interior vinyl. Then made new hard board panels. Then reglued the factory vinyl back on again. My 63 Dodge had them done that way.
Doug

Hey guys, Let's not turn this into a sale thread. @cjd1963 you will need to post a want ad for your needs in the correct forum in the Marketplace section. Thanks

Replaced the 105 gph pump with a 140 pump and new canister filter. New radiator in place and and ready to go. Getting closer...

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Moving right along. Good for you. I found my previous fuel pressure regulator before I went to a return system. Wish I found it sooner because you could have it.

Moving too slow...too many projects but the wife is keeping me very busy helping her with her real estate business. I wish she would/could retire.

IMG_0141.JPG

Moving too slow...too many projects but the wife is keeping me very busy helping her with her real estate business. I wish she would/could retire.

View attachment 1483222

Double edges sword, if she retires she will have more time to spend with you and give you less time with your true loves....

Making some headway...talked to a guy about doing the interior work (carpet, headliner, door and rear panels) he's going to stop at the house this week to check it out. Bought new Hoosiers since the old tires lose about 5 lbs. of pressure a day. Fired it up to check for leaks (radiator and fuel pump, so far so good) still need to hook up the tach, change oil ( still has break in oil) bleed brakes, clean up some wiring. Bought some A-990 bucket seats from a friend...would like to get her out for some T-N-T in July.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back