• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 dodge ss grille

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Well gents, I just finished another ss grille FBBO member Fusible. He sent me the pieces to weld together, polish and paint. I haven't done a ss grille the way he had the pieces cut before, but it was worth doing. Basically it was just about an extra 3 inches of welding per side, but as I said, worth it!!! I sent him pics from start to finish so now you guys can check it out...enjoy!!

Attachments

• finished joes grille 001.jpg
    finished joes grille 001.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 500
  • finished joes grille 002.jpg
    finished joes grille 002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 508
  • finished joes grille 003.jpg
    finished joes grille 003.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 503
  • finished joes grille 004.jpg
    finished joes grille 004.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 517
  • finished joes grille 005.jpg
    finished joes grille 005.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 476
  • finished joes grille 006.jpg
    finished joes grille 006.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 483
  • finished joes grille 007.jpg
    finished joes grille 007.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 470
  • finished joes grille 008.jpg
    finished joes grille 008.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 460
  • finished joes grille 009.jpg
    finished joes grille 009.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 478
  • finished joes grille 010.jpg
    finished joes grille 010.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 485
Did you take the anodizeing off before polishing? If so, how do you get it off? Thanks.......................MO

Yes, the anodizing was stripped using Easy Off oven cleaner (heavy duty) and steel wool.

Thanks for the compliment. I was asked to do another one for a guy I met down at Spring Fling (Van Nuys). He had a grille with him which I brought home and he's sending his other grille to me.

On a side note, I met Joe Suchy, super nice guy. We chatted for a few minutes and he gave me a catalog he was handing out to the owners of 62-65 b bodies.

Hey 5.7 hemi
you do nice work on the grilles i am new here and building a 64 330 car how much for making a superstock grill i have the grilles?
My name is john
i am located in ca

Sending muscle car maniac a pm.

On Sunday a guy from Bakersfield (Jeff) drove up and dropped off his grille (picked up his other grille at Spring Fling Van Nuys). He races his Polara, has alot of lightweight fiberglass parts on his car, so I'm doing another one. He also showed up in a Durango RT, that thing is friggin' sweet, how many grilles do ya think I have to make to get one? LOL!!!

Nice work, but getting harder just to find a good stock grill for them of us that wants one.

Thanks for the compliment. Nice grilles are out there, ya just have to part with your hard earned money.

Grill by Zack

019.jpgHere is my new grill by Zack, pretty nice don't you think! The man is a true craftsman!

- - - Updated - - -

1 more018.jpg

Joe, glad you like it.....looks awesome on your car. Do ya think we could get a shot of the hood open to see that HEMI???

Oh man, that is bad ***!!!!!!!

Gotta say it's how Dodge shoulda made it in the 1st place...looks so much better, do you lose the high beam or the low, not that it matters when the Xmas tree goes off, just wondering.

Gotta say it's how Dodge shoulda made it in the 1st place...looks so much better, do you lose the high beam or the low, not that it matters when the Xmas tree goes off, just wondering.

The high beam.

But you can get back the high beam, ebay has lights that 5 3/4 and do both hi/low for about 40 bucks. Problem solved!!

Auto Transport Service
Back