• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 coronet frame issues

Dakotaacres

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1966/67 coronet 2 door that has the 383 4 barrel on the fender. No engine, no trany, no rearend, no interior, not title. The rear part of the car is bent down. At the rear top of the doors the gap is over twice that of the bottom. He said the car sat next to a shop with no rearend, had it sitting on something. Snow lid off the roof down on the car and bent the back down.

I'm assuming this can be straighten? If so anyone have a rough cost? Trying to figure out if it's worth the trouble.
thank you

A competent frame shop can fix it in a half a day. The car has to be solid, without rust issues in the frame. Otherwise do as @snakeoil24 said walk away.

Do you know, absolutely, positively, overnight sure, that the title issue can be rectified IE have you done it before, in your state?

If it's a "WH" Coronet 440, and 383-4, I'd love to have the info for my back burner registry project.

I have 13 of the 1679 built.

If snow slid down and bent the car it most likely is junk. Post a picture of the car. If you are buying it at scrap price it might be worth taking.

Do you know, absolutely, positively, overnight sure, that the title issue can be rectified IE have you done it before, in your state?

If it's a "WH" Coronet 440, and 383-4, I'd love to have the info for my back burner registry project.

I have 13 of the 1679 built.
There is a process to register it. I have never done it yet. It is a dark green coronet. I can't get to the VIN yet. the door is jammed.

Are there any creases or wrinkles in the tops or sides of the quarter panels or roof? Is there a good frame shop nearby that knows how to fix 60’s cars? The price better be very low. yes it can be foxed by a qualified person.

This coronet is in a package deal. Comes with another 66/67 2 door that's just a shell, don't know what is salvagable. Also a 4 door 66/67 coronet that is all there with a 273 auto. Body looks good, floor is rusted through. Also a 66/67 a rough charger shell with no rearend, engine trany, that has a good front clip. No titles for any. I don't have pictures of the two 2 door shell yet. Asking 2000.

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

The charger is a 66.
Or at least the front fenders are 66. There is no windshield so the interior and dash are shot.

may be worth 2K if you love 67 Coronets. I doubt there is much of a line to buy them.

why no titles on any of them?

I see some good parts.

That 67 4D looks like a "Deluxe" (low trim level), but looks solid and unmolested from the pics.

Might take a while to get 2K back, though.

Too bad they pulled that Charger bumper out with a chain. It looks shiny and doesn't have the drip fading from the fender to hood drainage.

Last edited:
Or at least the front fenders are 66. There is no windshield so the interior and dash are shot.
And the bumper, headlight wiring, paint looks original.

...it's "YY1".

:thumbsup:

The hard part these days is finding a frame shop that has a guy motivated enough to work on that car. Lots of good parts there by the look of it.

That 67 4dr grill surround is worth money if it's not dented up. An NOS one recently sold for over 3K and it wasn't perfect.

I see one ding at least...but they are usually beat to death.

may be worth 2K if you love 67 Coronets. I doubt there is much of a line to buy them.

why no titles on any of them?
These were his Fathers who had a mechanic shop and car sales business years ago. I don't know why no titles.

Auto Transport Service
Back