• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger Dash assembly Removal help

Hotrod20

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
I am going to remove a dash assembly from a 66 Charger parts car. Are there bolts holding the dash frame to the cowl under the windshield ? like 68-69 B bodies ? Any help would be appreciated before I get started on this tonight.I don't have a 66-67 Service Manual to reference.
Thanks
HR 20

Yes, there are screws holding the dash frame to the body like later cars, You'll have to remove the windshield to access them.

Thanks Daliant, This is the first 66-7 Charger I had the opportunity to dismantle. I was able to remove the windshield last night and low and behold there were the dash mounting screws.
Thanks again.

Manuals are crucial to making your life easier. You can download the PDFs here for many cars including the 66/67 Chargers.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

Not sure why you are dismantling (restoration, repair, parting out, curiosity, restmod...) but hopefully it’s to restore. If so, make sure to do all your under dash work right away- pulling the window repeatedly isn’t that much fun. Rust repair, firewall, running your wires, insulation etc. Also methodically check your gauges, wiper motor, lights and bench test everything, then assemble dash before putting back in the car.

These cars seem to have a million pieces, can be frustrating. The reward is a really neat, unusual Mopar with electroluminescent dash, four bucket seats, and a cool factor. Best of luck!

If you’re parting it though, let me know what you have.

Also, if your speedo cable is making noise, there is a lubrication access for it on the back of the dash.

I am going to remove a dash assembly from a 66 Charger parts car. Are there bolts holding the dash frame to the cowl under the windshield ? like 68-69 B bodies ? Any help would be appreciated before I get started on this tonight.I don't have a 66-67 Service Manual to reference.
Thanks
HR 20
Any chance that parts car has a good headliner board???????

Let me check..... I know it wasn't ratted out when it was removed. The problem I see though, is how the heck am I going to ship it???

Also,everyone thanks for all the great advice. The car has been parted and has gone to that great muscle car grave yard in the sky. Unfortunately, this 66 Charger was one of the worst rusted uni-bodies I have ever seen. It came out of NY city a couple years ago when it was cut and butchered up for parts before I acquired it. I bought the carcass just for some interior parts for my friends 66 Charger project. If you can imagine trying to save fasteners only to have the bolt heads round off as you try to loosen them was very frustrating. There was no floor pan left, and the torsion bar cross member was rotted in half. I swept up two 5 gallon plastic pails of rust dust off of my garage floor when it left.
HR 20

Auto Transport Service
Back