• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet heater core o rings

Tim2266ev2

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
hello. I have a 66 coronet with a/c. I am replacing the heater core. It has the larger double heater core. There are 2 o rings that seal a set of copper tubes that push on and go thru the firewall to the rubber heater hoses. This part gets reused. Who sells the O rings that go on the tubes of the new heater core? Please let me know. Thank you

Detroit Muscle Technologies sell the entire rebuild kits that has these gaskets. Maybe give them a call and see if they'd sell them separately.

http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/b-body/

Or take those O-rings to a hardware store and find some pipe insulation that's the same size/diameter and cut pieces as you need.

Thanks 440beep. Loretta at Detroit muscle tech. was awesome. Turns out, the leak that I thought was coming from the o rings, ended up being the heater bypass valve... oh well, at least the car is 90% apart and pulling the heater box twice wasn't too bad. Glad I caught it now and not when the car is put back together.

Auto Transport Service
Back