• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Satellite Steering Column Rebuild - Need Instructions

VFilms

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I need to rebuild portions of my steering column, BUT the factory manual I have has no reference whatsoever to steering columns, or I just can't find it. I believe I need to replace the lower column seal, and anything that goes along with that, and rebuild the coupler. If anyone has a diagram/instructions or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciated it. Thanks.

Hi V, I know it is hard to find information. If you have not found it in your FSM, it is under Transmissions. There is not a lot there, but at least it is a start. There is a guy that does a 70 Charger steering column rebuild on YouTube. Here is the link.

So, you might well find some help there. When I did mine, I was fine until I actually got mine back in the car and tried to put back the Original Turn Signal switch. It was a hard one, but if you are doing a rebuild and Full Originality is not the issue, a new one makes sense, I would think. I wish you good luck. Best, Brian

Hi V, I know it is hard to find information. If you have not found it in your FSM, it is under Transmissions. There is not a lot there, but at least it is a start. There is a guy that does a 70 Charger steering column rebuild on YouTube. Here is the link.

So, you might well find some help there. When I did mine, I was fine until I actually got mine back in the car and tried to put back the Original Turn Signal switch. It was a hard one, but if you are doing a rebuild and Full Originality is not the issue, a new one makes sense, I would think. I wish you good luck. Best, Brian

Brian, Thanks. I found the section in the FSM and you're right... not much to it. Will just have to take my time and retrace my disassembly steps.

The '66 Parts Catalog might help. Go to www.mymopar.com click on Tools/Reference, click on Parts Manuals.
69plywgn, thanks... found it. Really not much to the rebuild but never having done one before I just didn't want to miss anything, especially concerning steering.

69plywgn, thanks... found it. Really not much to the rebuild but never having done one before I just didn't want to miss anything, especially concerning steering.
I’m in the same boat as you, lol. Not a lot of info

Auto Transport Service
Back