• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Power steering column shaft for 66 Belvedere/Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I would like to convert my manual steering to power steering in my 66 Satellite. I think this is a one year only column so has to be from a 66 B-Body. Not interested in a whole column if I can avoid it - just need the shorter shaft. I would be willing to swap the shaft if someone is going the other way.

Thanks

Last edited:
BTT - still looking for 66 PS column shaft for sale.

Man...I got one for sure...pics and PM coming tomorrow morning

I have one as well and would trade you for your manual steering shaft.

Great - waiting for pictures and measurement of length if you can. Must be a 66 which is a one-year only column. The PS coupling would be nice too if you have it. No idea if any parts are swap-able to other years. Plymouth didn’t even include the steering column in the 66 FSM.

A shaft trade is do-able although might be a few weeks before I get mine out.

Thanks

Looks like I have buy pending so thanks for replies.

Bill - he apparently has a couple of them as he is selling another bare power steering shaft and coupler to me. But that’s a good deal too if someone wants a whole column for a conversion.

Did you find your lower pulley you need for the conversion?

My car was converted by previous owner....and is a good thing. It saved me from having to do it . I've had my share of manual steering cars.

Bill, I bought one from Mega Parts on eBay. Strange they had it much cheaper on eBay than on their website.

And last Sunday I was helping a friend install an exhaust manifold gasket on his 69 Hemi Roadrunner and I spied one sitting on his bench. I asked where he got it and he said he took it off his car and put another one on it (no PS). I looked and he has the later deep barrel on it now. Single grove pulley on it now and a AC pulley on the alternator with the belt on the outer pulley. And something was said about someone built a water pump pulley for him? Anyway , I said dang I just bought one of these. He replied, should have asked me first, I’d have given it to you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back