• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Belvedere

Kimber67

Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Started this weekend getting the big stuff done. New brake master cylinder and now it stops! YAY! Carb kit installed but still have some issues. I think it needs more timing and some ignition upgrades. (Im just going by what my husband says for most of this so bear with me if I sound smart, LOL). As you can see we are attacking the rust before it attacks us. It's eventually going to be a dark red with a silver top that's why the goofy mismatch of primers.

kimmie's belvedere 001.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 002.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 003.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 004.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 007.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 006.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 009.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 012.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 014.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 013.jpg

I also want to eliminate the side mouldings so all those little holes have to be welded up, 68 I think in all? Get rid of the rear wheel fender trim since it didn't have the front wheel fender trim anyways. I didn't get a picture of the new steel patch panel welded in the passenger side rear fender but it was a work of art!

It looks to me like you have been getting some of the old rubber off the rear tires. the 66 67s were the best looking cars I think.Oo and more pic. like the first please hahaha.

doesn't look too bad,you should be done in no time at all.

68 holes is a lot to weld up but it will look a lot better eliminating the side mouldings.
Put a 67 GTX gas lid on and it will look great.

It looks to me like you have been getting some of the old rubber off the rear tires. the 66 67s were the best looking cars I think.Oo and more pic. like the first please hahaha.

First off, not my tire marks...yet. Those are from EVERY hotrod we've had for the last 6 years. Someone can't put a car away without tire smoke rolling out from under it LOL.
Today was battery tray replacement. Corrosion was terrible. Did get a new battery tho and changed oil and plugs. Runs better but engine may need to come out and be refreshed. Brakes are working great. Trying to decide on wheels.

kimmie's belvedere 018.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 024.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 025.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 028.jpg

kimmie's belvedere 029.jpg

Hey your not wasting any time!!!Luckily you can save the rear panels...There are no after market ones available for 66 and 67...I found a guy that made them by hand for my gtx...Both wheels you have pictured really don,t look all that good...The stars are cheesey and the bmw wheels...NOT!!!!Weld draglites would look cool...Just my two cents....

000_0519.jpg

68 holes is a lot to weld up but it will look a lot better eliminating the side mouldings.
Put a 67 GTX gas lid on and it will look great.

You aren't kidding it's a lot of holes!!! Been there done that!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back