• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet build thread

Those wheel wells are looking really nice, nice job:thumbsup:.

Made a lot of progress today. Got the drivers side totally welded in. Did the rear lower with a tig....wish I would have done the first panel that way....
Body lines matched up pretty well... not perfect but happy with the result for doing it for the first time!

20180505_161908.jpg 20180505_161859.jpg

Sold my 02 Ram 2500 4X4 a couple of weeks ago....really missing the ol gal and that awesome 5.9 Cummins sound...
Took a little piece of my heart...but I'll always remember her when I turn the wheel in my 67....Thanks girl!!!
Got my new PST 16:1 steering box today. Ordered it Monday, boxed up real well.... Thanks to the guys @PST and my Cummins....

0511181617.jpg 20180421_124957.jpg

Sold my 02 Ram 2500 4X4 a couple of weeks ago....really missing the ol gal and that awesome 5.9 Cummins sound...
Took a little piece of my heart...but I'll always remember her when I turn the wheel in my 67....Thanks girl!!!
Got my new PST 16:1 steering box today. Ordered it Monday, boxed up real well.... Thanks to the guys @PST and my Cummins....

View attachment 604869 View attachment 604870
Sometimes we have to let some of our other toys go in order to move forward with our projects. Progress is looking good Mike.

Yes sir, makes my budget for the build a little better... but nothing like a 4x4 Cummins. And I will never ever pay $60+k for a new one!!!

Havent done a whole lot the last couple of weeks, graduations, school events and so on.
All the welding is done except for the flange that meets the lower quarter and trunk extension. Will shoot some more epoxy and start slinging mud I guess.
Everyine knowd that Im doing this on the cheap, or at least as much as I can, anyways found a steal on ebay and had to get it....I wanted a serp set up and was about to biy the Wraptor from CVF bit found this March set up $400 less! I would have rather had a self adjusting tensioner but oh well.
I will be getting rid of the aluminum pulleys, low mount ac comp/ brackets, polished wp ect to make up sone of the cost soon...

440_hemi_front.jpg

Havent done a whole lot the last couple of weeks, graduations, school events and so on.
All the welding is done except for the flange that meets the lower quarter and trunk extension. Will shoot some more epoxy and start slinging mud I guess.
Everyine knowd that Im doing this on the cheap, or at least as much as I can, anyways found a steal on ebay and had to get it....I wanted a serp set up and was about to biy the Wraptor from CVF bit found this March set up $400 less! I would have rather had a self adjusting tensioner but oh well.
I will be getting rid of the aluminum pulleys, low mount ac comp/ brackets, polished wp ect to make up sone of the cost soon...

View attachment 613137
PM me when you get to that point...

Thanks Bo
I thought it was all brushed aluminum I pulled the bracket put and its actuall black with all of the edges machined. I really like it!

15285058095121684970655.jpg

When I saw it I immidiately thought about your mill and how bad *** it would look on it.
I still cant make up my mind on a body color much less an engine color... kind of narrowed down to two, B5 and F5 variant

Last edited:
Well got the last bit of welding completed on the passenger side panels...thought I was done when i ran into a small problem.
It wasnt for lack of planning or so I think. I measured everything when I was tacking in each side...measured off the door jambs back to wheel well openings and they are spot on. Measured from the frame out to the leading edge of the replacement paneland they are <1/4 difference.
Went to put my big wheels on both sides and theres a 1" difference in clearance...wtf?
I measured from the backing plate to the spring perch on each side....ends up the drivwrs side tube is an inch longer than the passenger's side..
I knew i was going to have to trim the lip a little on the left but with the othwr tire on I dont have to do anything...it will fit perfectly. So with both wheels on I sat there staring for an hour contemplating a solution other than shortening one tube/axle....looking from the rear it is very noticeable and I dont know if I could live with it...
I have Moser axles and Im hoping they are the cut to fit varienty that still has enough spline to do it....2 steps forward 3 steps back...I didn't take a pic of it I was so disgusted ...

20180616_110952.jpg

Mine was 1/2" closer on the left with the 70 rear. Didn't matter much with the smaller wheels, but too tight for the 275s. I put new perches on and equalized the space. Still tight though. 1" off sounds unusual.

Mine was 1/2" closer on the left with the 70 rear. Didn't matter much with the smaller wheels, but too tight for the 275s. I put new perches on and equalized the space. Still tight though. 1" off sounds unusual.
Ya I thought so too, I thought about relocating the perches but become worried about my driveshaft alignment.
I have a friend that narrows rear ends so I was going to call and see what he would charge...I like doing things myself even if Ive never done it and think I could pull it off by making a jig but I dont think my welding skills are where they need to be to attempt something so critical.
All in all one good thing is that I did find is I have probably close to 4" on the backside...I could run a 12" wheel easily with a tire in the 14-16" tread pattern if I decide to later...its still disappointing though...I was ready to start slinging mud...

Auto Transport Service
Back