• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Plymouth spring and mini tub mod

Picking away at the roll cage too.

20191013_125938.jpg 20191013_125948.jpg

Nice I doing the same picking at the roll bar. Doing a great job

My problem is I can only focus on one thing for so long and lose interest or I get to a stuck point and need to think about my next step.so I move on to something else.

It holds me up sometimes because I will be doing something and see that I should have done the other thing first. Then I go with that and not finish the other part until the first part done. If that makes any sense. All that matters is that the project is moving forward and results are great.

Can we get a whole shot of the car I know it's not done yet but I would like to see it

I had a bad experience with fitech efi. Pulled the motor and decided to mini tub , inboard leafsprings, rollcage (I've been warned a few times at the track that I needed at least a roll bar, moved the radiator forward for more pulley room. Then figured I'd try a glide.

I had a bad experience with fitech efi. Pulled the motor and decided to mini tub , inboard leafsprings, rollcage (I've been warned a few times at the track that I needed at least a roll bar, moved the radiator forward for more pulley room. Then figured I'd try a glide.

What size wheel and tire combo are you going to run

Not 100% sure on the slicks, my streets are 17x8 and 17x7.
My old slicks are 26x9. Ill Probably run 28x10.5 or 29.5x10.5.

Had to trim the mounting ears then measure for washers that go between the flexplate and the converter. Ended up using .078 thick. That gave me .095 space between the trans pump and the converter and about .070 between the converter and flexplate bolts.
20191013_143430.jpg

Once I spaced everything and bolted the trans up, installed the starter a mini one from summit which is 5yrs old or so. I charged my battery and attempted to turn the engine over and it bearly moved. Rechecked everything, loosened up bellhousing and tried a couple of different things. No luck. Removed plugs and it was a little better. Looked up p/n of the starter and realized my 11.92 compression was toooooo much for the old starter. I ended up getting a better one through summit. Xs model good for 18 to 1. Will install and try again.

Keep it going can't wait to hear it and better yet see it on the road going to need a video.

Update for starter, went with power master xs. Fit great and used 3 of the 5 spacers that came with the jw bell and wheel. Mocked up the header and installed the relay wire. I like the fact the main cable is on the outside of the starter giving a lot of room between the stud and block.
20191026_121342.jpg
20191026_121333.jpg
20191026_121318.jpg

Looking good make sure he is on watch. You know the have to learn their keep. Will you be adding any heat shield around the starter wire.

Auto Transport Service
Back