• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Paint Touchup

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Finally got the car done! Had to re-clear the trunk and paint and clear both the top and hood. Buddy who passed had a tunnel ram on the car and I ditched it in favor of a stock look with a standard hood. I feel it looks way better this way. Man it feels good to have a good match on the hood and the top! The hood is a small hue different in the shop under fluorescent lighting, but outside its a dead match so I am happy. Color is 99 Prowler yellow and man was it a bitch to match! There are about 25 different versions of the color. The first pic is how it was......just wasn't digging the tunnel ram without the pro street full look too. Chargers are so nice stock I just had to take it back to the stock lines.
68 charger 4.jpg

hood3.jpg
hood2.jpg
hood1.jpg

hood4.jpg

that thing is screaming for a black bumble bee stripe with yellow steels and dishes

that thing is screaming for a black bumble bee stripe with yellow steels and dishes

Cragars gotta stay as they were my buddies favorite wheel and I love them also. The bumblebee stripe has been thought of for sure. Just thought it looked cleaner and less like a "bee" with the stripe off. It still may happen in the future.

:thumbsup:

Stripes?...Yes
Steelies?...No
Good looking Charger.

Thanks man! I am so tempted to blend the fenders on the car to make the color change unnoticeable even in the garage, but I am afraid it goes too dark and then fucks it up and I make a mess so I think I am leaving it. There's only a month until Carlisle so I don't need to make a bigger project for myself. It’s so close just a tad darker in the shop and maybe a tad less lemon color. Outside its dead on in clouds or sun.

4226BFEB-56C7-4411-AC14-9E7D0B57DBEE.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t see any difference in the pictures. I’d show/drive it this summer, see if anybody else notices it. You’ve got all next winter to fix it if need be.

That is what I am thinking....never show it indoors so who cares what it looks like under weird *** cool white fluorescent lighting right?

That is what I am thinking....never show it indoors so who cares what it looks like under weird *** cool white fluorescent lighting right?

no one sees it but you (and me, but I do this **** too)...…. deal with it in the off months

no one sees it but you (and me, but I do this **** too)...…. deal with it in the off months

It is enough to drive you to the looney bin sometimes! Plus like I said outside it is dead on.....More important **** to worry about haha!

It is enough to drive you to the looney bin sometimes!

we could hang..... lol

I would limit it to just the fender tops, that sharp body line is very useful...… I fold the tape over so as not to create a hard line

we could hang..... lol

I would limit it to just the fender tops, that sharp body line is very useful...… I fold the tape over so as not to create a hard line

Yea just gotta keep it away from the door edge on the back of the fender so it blends right and doesn't go against that edge.

Yea just gotta keep it away from the door edge on the back of the fender so it blends right and doesn't go against that edge.

you prob want to include the cowl also

you prob want to include the cowl also

Yup planned on that too. Would you dust it all the way to the edge or just blend the top of fender from hood and fade toward edge? Reason I ask is that top of fender is pretty short to fade a blend. Hoods and **** are easier with more surface area.

I'd tread very lightly near the top of the door, but it's doable...….. this is base/clear correct?

Sure is......custom mix for the hood color by yours truely and I have some left from that to blend if necessary. Thought bout blowing a couple light coats on the edge and fading it out towards the edge of fender and calling it a day. Figured it would take care of the hard edge at fender/hood and lose it there in your eye so it wasn't as noticeable.

Thought bout thinning it out a bit more too maybe 1:1.25 so it blends and fades a bit better. Color is transparent so that should help too.

Awesome looking Charger! Love 68's! I like that you went back to a stock hood, looks much better.

As far as the stripes, I could go either way. They'd definitely make the yellow pop but as there's no RT badges on the car why make more work for yourself & spend more money. Save it for the gas & drive the piss outta it! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back