• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Chrysler T and C wagon

426LVR

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for budd brake calipers and discs for my wagon or any suggestion on some one’s experience of swapping to something useable. This old gal has been parked for 30+ years and the pistons were corroded into the calipers. Non repairable.

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

I am not big into C bodies. But I would think 74-78 C body stuff would work and is available. You might need the knuckle/spindle also.

I am not big into C bodies. But I would think 74-78 C body stuff would work and is available. You might need the knuckle/spindle also.
Thanks. I am a body guy myself but ended up with this old gal from a friend. Not too sure how good of friend he is. lol.

I had a 1967 Dodge Polara ex-Indiana Highway Patrol car that had Budd disc brakes. Good disc brakes, but complicated. Not common either now. White Post in Virginia can resleeve your calipers if you have no joy of finding any used ones. AAJ or Wildwood might offer kits to convert your set up to a later style too.

I am not big into C bodies. But I would think 74-78 C body stuff would work and is available.
74-78 will NOT work. 69-73 will with 73 being the best due to rotors being more available. Lots if info about disc brake swaps on FCBO.

They are huge 4 piston deals. Like the bbodies but on steroids.
Then they went to single piston floaters
You can use the 73 only complete setup on the 68 and down

Spindles, lower control areas all mount different. Again 68-73 will be a bolt on swap. 73 rotors are easier to find.
I see that now. Guys make the newer fit the older by methods I would not use. Looks like they may work but you have to use the newer control arms. Check with @mobileparts to see what he can supply.

When I got my 68 monaco about 10 years ago I was under the impression that the 73 balljoints were the same size as as the early cars, and therefore the spindle would swap.
Maybe that was all wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back