• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 wiring diagram question

L&LClassics

Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking at wiring diagrams on mymopar.com, specifically schematic A. Can anyone tell me what the dotted lines symbolize? For instance, the wires coming from the console connector are all dotted.

Also does anyone know how to remove wires from the fuse box? Or if it's even possible? Since I've started working on the dash and console wiring I've quickly learned that whoever wired this car before I bought it didn't do a very good job...:angryfire:

I believe its because it represents optional wiring. Not every car will have it. Removing the terminal from the fuse box should only require releasing the lock tab on the terminal. Usually with a specific tool designed to do it.

The ail on my swiss army knife does a dandy job. Bet it is not the special tool recommended.

I believe the dotted lines you refer to are re: stuff like the changes in wiring for the reverse switch, which is on the column for not console, and on the floor shifter for console. And of course 4 speed is down on the gearbox.

Also the A / B diagrams are not preferred, although they can be "handy" and sometimes easier to follow. The problem is, they sometimes leave stuff out, especially options..

I Always use the factory shop manual diagrams if possible. Also, something that MyMopar has been posting....which is great.....is rescans of only the wiring diagrams out of the manuals, in addition to the A/B diagrams. Look for words like "complete" in the link

Auto Transport Service
Back