• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger price

gaspar sosa

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 69 charger matching number 383 335hp. It is rough but all there and running. There is still a lot to do. like replacing the floors. There is a person who keeps asking me to sell it because he wants to resto mod my charger and the matching numbers he does not care for. He offered 25k And I said no but keep asking me to give him a number I told him that there is many rollers out there for that money( since he wants to put a new engine on it. I do not want to sell it but what is a price were I can not resist. I want a ball park so I can make my mind into anything above this number I will consider

20191013_131215.jpg 20191013_131228.jpg 20191013_131250.jpg

Hello, I have a 69 charger matching number 383 335hp. It is rough but all there and running. There is still a lot to do. like replacing the floors. There is a person who keeps asking me to sell it because he wants to resto mod my charger and the matching numbers he does not care for. He offered 25k And I said no but keep asking me to give him a number I told him that there is many rollers out there for that money( since he wants to put a new engine on it. I do not want to sell it but what is a price were I can not resist. I want a ball park so I can make my mind into anything above this number I will consider

View attachment 969496 View attachment 969497 View attachment 969498
Double it to $50k. If he bites. Buy a better one for yourself.

Simple case where rare doesn't count but desirable is very high. I'd tell him $35k and you keep the drive train. The engine and tranny have to be worth $3500 to someone. I have been looking at 68-70 Chargers. Pass for now. I feel my GTX is a better value. Haven't seen a decent Hemi Charger for under $125k in years.

Looks like a great Charger you have!!
If you really don't want to sell it then I would tell him what other guys have suggested. $50,000 and let him TRY and talk you down.
IMO if it runs and drives, has the #'s matching drivetrain, but needs full floors, if you got over $36,000 you be doing good.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

Side note: not being a wise ***, but
if it is the original #'s matching 383, its the 330 horse power "H" code version that came in automatic equipped 69 Chargers.

The only way you will get top dollar for your charger is if you have a build sheet and fender tag along with the # matching motor witch you have n trans.All the small details of under hood,interior etc will get you top dollar along with original mechanical pieces

if it is the original #'s matching 383, its the 330 horse power "H" code version that came in automatic equipped 69 Chargers.

That is correct. Manual trans Chargers also.. and 383 E bodies. The only cars that had the 335 HP motor were Super Bees and Road Runners.

thank you all for the replied probably ask a lot so he would stop.
Looks like a great Charger you have!!
If you really don't want to sell it then I would tell him what other guys have suggested. $50,000 and let him TRY and talk you down.
IMO if it runs and drives, has the #'s matching drivetrain, but needs full floors, if you got over $36,000 you be doing good.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

Side note: not being a wise ***, but
Thank you for the input. I read about the two 383 on Chargers whit 290hp and 330hp but when I do the engines decoder E63 keeps popping 335hp. and yes the vin # has the H. again thk you.

but when I do the engines decoder E63 keeps popping 335hp. and yes the vin # has the H. again thk you.

Yes, the code is the same for both engines, the sales code and the VIN. This is part of what has lead to the confusion over the years between the 330 and 335 HP engines. The 290 is the 2 bbl engine. That is E61. The 330 and 335 HP engines are both coded as E63.

Yes, the code is the same for both engines, the sales code and the VIN. This is part of what has lead to the confusion over the years between the 330 and 335 HP engines. The 290 is the 2 bbl engine. That is E61. The 330 and 335 HP engines are both coded as E63.

YES SIR!!!!!
Best way to describe it is this:
The 335 hp engine was UNIQUE to the Road Runner in Plymouth, and the Super Bee in Dodge. From 1968-1969 a 383 MAGNUM (335HP) was only had in Super Bee, or some 4 speed Chargers.
In Plymouth they called it the Road Runner engine
Dodge called it 383 Magnum, and it was painted orange, and had HP on the ID tag.

I have a 1969 "H" code Charger, I wish it had a 383 Magnum, but it is an automatic, so its the 330HP 4bbl 383, painted tourquirse, with no HP on ID tag.
The numbers do match, I have a build sheet, fender tag,I do have a 383 pie tin, because I like it better, but it is still painted tourquirse.
One other thing that gets confusing is the exhaust manifolds that are called HP manifolds, are REALLY 4bbl, duel exhaust, exhaust manifolds, and were on all 4bbl, duel exhaust engines.

I have a 1969 "H" code Charger, I wish it had a 383 Magnum, but it is an automatic, so its the 330HP 4bbl 383, painted tourquirse, with no HP on ID tag.
The numbers do match, I have a build sheet, fender tag,I do have a 383 pie tin, because I like it better, but it is still painted tourquirse.
One other thing that gets confusing is the exhaust manifolds that are called HP manifolds, are REALLY 4bbl, duel exhaust, exhaust manifolds, and were on all 4bbl, duel exhaust engines.

It would be 330 HP if it was a 4 speed also. I actually want one. The 383 4 bbl's in C bodies did NOT get the HP manifolds, afaik.

Auto Transport Service
Back