• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Odd colour combo W1 - A4

69rag500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
How many of this colour combo
s-l1600.jpg
do you think they made.. 1 or 2 ?

That tag looks a little funny to me.

What up YY!?
(Let it be known to all members that when YY! speaks; I listen)

I do know that most tags I have seen have a "bend" in the top corner

G is a st Louis car.

I thought the alignment of the stamps was off more than normal, and I thought the paint codes should be 3 digits, but after further investigation, that second point is incorrect as 69 was the first year of coding paint that way, and the year designation wasn't used until 70.

G is a st Louis car.
Correct.
I'm sticking with it's a very low option car, and the Tag Guy was not feeling 100% that day. :D
Looks legit to me (as inexperienced as I am) but just light on info.

Looks legit, I have a couple of RM21 cars from St.Louis plant that have about the same amount of info on tags. Not to mention if somebody was going to fake a tag they would probably add a few more things that shouldn't be on there.....

Looks OK to me. The Vin, SPD and VON check out ok.

Interesting combination. There is no way to know how many were built like this. The numbers don't work that way plus, AKAIK, color was not tracked for 1969.

Is that white with a silver painted top? H2S is silver bench seat, the last A4 is upper door frame color.

I just checked. V02 is two tone paint. R11 is am radio. M21 is roof drip rail moulding. February 4 scheduled build date. Very low option car. It would be nice to restore it all original. I have a triple silver 69 roadrunner.

Tag looks fine to me also. V02 is painted roof not vinyl top. Most of you already know this..

Weirdest color combo car I bought, was a 69 Coronet R/t. B5 paint/F8 interior. When I got it, it had a crappy orange paint-job with the original green interior[much worse combo]. It was a N96/4-speed car.

Auto Transport Service
Back