• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Accessory Fuse Box Non Fused Terminal

mrmolding

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if this extra tab has power to connect an accessory. I see there is no corresponding top connection for a fuse. But wondering if this can be used with an inline fuse since it’s connected to the metal buss.
Thanks in advance!

IMG_7228.jpeg

Sure...why not? Adding some type of inline fuse accomplishes the same protection as the fuse in the panel.

Sure...why not? Adding some type of inline fuse accomplishes the same protection as the fuse in the panel.
Thanks! Between radio, voltmeter, a/f gauge, and tach it’s getting a little crowded in there!

I replaced the one in my '70 Charger.....

1 fuse box.jpg

The stock 6 panel unit at the bottom was replaced with a 7 panel one I got from somewhere I don't recall.

Oh, there is a story with THAT one....an incident of my ineptitude with electrical systems that almost put the car into serious peril.
I finished with the Classic Auto Air installation and made a few other under-dash changes. In a moment of pure dumb-shittery, I found a loose wire and thought it was a ground. It was not at all. It ran to the fuse panel on one end and the spade near the cigarette lighter on the other. Because it was on the UNfused side of the fuse box, once the car started, it started to burn. I was able to stop an actual fire by ripping the fusible link apart underhood. I had to replace some melted wires and that 6 terminal fuse panel.
I learned from that one.

1 FPP.JPG

I replaced the one in my '70 Charger.....

View attachment 1495511

The stock 6 panel unit at the bottom was replaced with a 7 panel one I got from somewhere I don't recall.
Awesome idea! Thanks! Except for the actual reason you swapped it out. Trying not to replicate what happened to you. Just too many accessories. Each day is a new adventure!

Oh, there is a story with THAT one....an incident of my ineptitude with electrical systems that almost put the car into serious peril.
I finished with the Classic Auto Air installation and made a few other under-dash changes. In a moment of pure dumb-shittery, I found a loose wire and thought it was a ground. It was not at all. It ran to the fuse panel on one end and the spade near the cigarette lighter on the other. Because it was on the UNfused side of the fuse box, once the car started, it started to burn. I was able to stop an actual fire by ripping the fusible link apart underhood. I had to replace some melted wires and that 6 terminal fuse panel.
I learned from that one.

View attachment 1495515
At least you own up to your mistakes Greg.

Half the work I struggle with is because people don't tell me what they did just prior to the machine breaking down...or whatever it is I'm repairing for them.

How about the old crap line that people tell mechanics and repairmen....
I had a friend work on it...
Uh, no sir, you did NOT. YOU did it and are too ashamed to 'fess up.

How about the old crap line that people tell mechanics and repairmen....
I had a friend work on it...
Uh, no sir, you did NOT. YOU did it and are to ashamed to 'fess up.
I like the line ...."I dunno what happened....it was just like that...." BS. :rolleyes:

One of my friends says that's OK.....the job smells like money. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back