• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner project

Thanks ,this is my first 6 bbl setup, but i have an ace in the hole! My dad mopar mechanic many years he's 83 but still sharp with carbs and transmission builds! Here is picture of him helping on my belvedere that i sold to get the road runner.Couple years ago.

1591898935857-300233930.jpg

This is what i found for my set up came with 68 440 hp 1 1\2 hr drive and $900 440 w/intake and carbs

15919058841881552291043.jpg

Man you are finding some good deals. I like your idea about the birds on the quarters. That is what I've been planning on. I have a 69 satellite ( roadrunner to me). I'm gonna paint it a pearl white with a ghost blue color and semi gloss black accents and hood stripe. I like the look of the stripes on the 70. I used to have a 70rr and I really miss that car

Awesome thanks for the motivation, yellow works nicely with the stripes! What quarter mile times are you running and wondering what cam, gears,etc. Sounds sweet!

Man you are finding some good deals. I like your idea about the birds on the quarters. That is what I've been planning on. I have a 69 satellite ( roadrunner to me). I'm gonna paint it a pearl white with a ghost blue color and semi gloss black accents and hood stripe. I like the look of the stripes on the 70. I used to have a 70rr and I really miss that car
Thanks I also saw a couple nice 70 satellites. at the o.c md. end of summer cruise I'll see if I can find the pictures I took, the green one was really nice and he replaced the road runner front fender emblem with marvin the Martian luved it! The green one was for sale I think he was asking 17k

20181005_122023.jpg 20181005_114825.jpg 20181005_111919.jpg

Last edited:
What quarter mile times are you running and wondering what cam, gears,etc. Sounds sweet!
Well on a run like I posted from a few years ago, not very quick because my 4 speed (at the time) sounded like a 6 speed, what with all the spinning and lifting, etc...
BUT
I dropped my car off last Tuesday at a really good, comprehensive shop that's done work on my Roadrunner and my wife's GTO, a LOT of work on the GTO, and those traction problems are about to become HISTORY. I have to say the Smith Racecraft Assassin traction bars are REALLY fine looking units, and that's going to be part of what brings a HUGE improvement in traction, thereby a huge improvement in my 1320 times. I expect to run 12s my first Test and Tune night once I get it back, just from improved traction, especially at the launch + 60ft.
To answer your question, 13.3X at 106. 1971 440 six bbl rods and crank, 292°/.509 Purple Stripe hydraulic cam, 1⅞" TTi headers. Passon Performance a855 5 speed and I switched from a 3.54 to a 4.10.
I put my buddy's 6.1 Hemi SRT Jeep in the "L" bracket 3-0...that was a blast. I only hit 104 on the run in this video:

Well on a run like I posted from a few years ago, not very quick because my 4 speed (at the time) sounded like a 6 speed, what with all the spinning and lifting, etc...
BUT
I dropped my car off last Tuesday at a really good, comprehensive shop that's done work on my Roadrunner and my wife's GTO, a LOT of work on the GTO, and those traction problems are about to become HISTORY. I have to say the Smith Racecraft Assassin traction bars are REALLY fine looking units, and that's going to be part of what brings a HUGE improvement in traction, thereby a huge improvement in my 1320 times. I expect to run 12s my first Test and Tune night once I get it back, just from improved traction, especially at the launch + 60ft.
To answer your question, 13.3X at 106. 1971 440 six bbl rods and crank, 292°/.509 Purple Stripe hydraulic cam, 1⅞" TTi headers. Passon Performance a855 5 speed and I switched from a 3.54 to a 4.10.
I put my buddy's 6.1 Hemi SRT Jeep in the "L" bracket 3-0...that was a blast. I only hit 104 on the run in this video:

Awesome I'd love to run in that range, still long ways to go but hopefully being tubbed hook ups will be decent !

Awesome I'd love to run in that range, still long ways to go but hopefully being tubbed hook ups will be decent !
Leaf spring relocation and mini tub kit will come later, but for now...
Since I am adding traction aids as part of this trip to the mechanic shop, he suggested and I agreed that the inevitable U.S. Car Tools subframe connectors time has come to be installed.
:thumbsup: :bananadance:
I got the part number from USCT website, did a web search, and got them from Classic Industries for $227 shipped and insured.
:usflag::moparsmiley:
With the COMPLETE replacement of my front suspension and K-Member, and the brand new Calvert split mono leaf springs, as well as my existing double adjustable Viking front shocks, I'm adding Viking double adjustable rear shocks too. The QA1 front sway bar (which I will likely remove at the drag strip) is a beefy replacement for the factory unit, and because my car is a V-code, I've got a factory boxed frame.
It's going to be a l o n g few months in "shop jail" but when I get my baby back, it's going to steer straight, stop fast, launch hard, run cool, keep me cool, and the Dakota Digital gauges are just great.

That is what my 70 looked like minus the trunk stripe.... I got rid of mine to pay of some debt a ex gf racked up in my name. I was worried about my credit but if I would have held onto it three days longer I got the better job "upholstering furniture" I could have easily paid for it.

@Mikey Shyne your post has been deleted. If you have a engine to sell you can start a sale thread in the proper classified forum. And we don't post phone numbers here either. Thanks

Just purchased my tires and wheels 15x14 race star 92 series polished alum. Rears with 29x18 mt radial sportsman s/r tires, fronts 15x7 wheels with mt sportsman s/t fronts. Will post pictures once they arrive, also have the rest of my bottom end parts for the 440 so I can get to work on the engine! Painter said won't be to much longer.

My front wheels and engine cleaning brush kit and rod bearings came and he wouldn't have made it if my neighbor hadn't been at the end of the road because he got stuck in a 3 foot drift so kudos to Fedex and Dennis and his 4wd kubota! Rears shipping from suppliers.

20210203_124400.jpg 20210202_162643.jpg

I am a “Newbie” on here and I had a ‘70 pillar top V-code that I bought in High School in 1973 and wound up stupidly selling in 1984. I am looking at a restored one now that was an Original E code 383...
Any idea what market is for a well restored, but non-original? All fender tag codes match but engine was sized up.

I am a “Newbie” on here and I had a ‘70 pillar top V-code that I bought in High School in 1973 and wound up stupidly selling in 1984. I am looking at a restored one now that was an Original E code 383...
Any idea what market is for a well restored, but non-original? All fender tag codes match but engine was sized up.
not really but ask in the 68 to 70 forum on here they can help but probably 35k-45k 70s are pricey

started working on the engine got it bolted to the stand and started to remove soft plugs and then degrease and start honing the cylinders

only one new picture not going to cook it no ring groove just clean it up and rebuild myself

20210207_182031.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back