• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 charger manual to power brakes

Moparkrazed

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. Doing research on what it would take to change my charger from manual to power brakes. It sounds like I’ll need to find a power brake bracket for the booster to hook onto, but do I need to find a brake pedal to? I’ve read where some say I do and others that say I don’t. I just removed my dash yesterday so I do some welding on the firewall and figure this me be a good time to swap out the brackets at least. Thanks for the advice and help.

The pedals the same. You need the booster, firewall bracket, and all the linkage from the booster to the pedal. Use a 1-3/2" master cylinder for power brakes. I went with a Dr Diff aluminum when I did mine.

The pedals the same. You need the booster, firewall bracket, and all the linkage from the booster to the pedal. Use a 1-3/2" master cylinder for power brakes. I went with a Dr Diff aluminum when I did mine.
Ok awesome! I’ll probably post a wanted add and see if I can get it all in one shot. Right now would be a great time to swap it over with out the dash in the way. Thanks for the detail and reply.

That's how I got mine and then sent the booster to Vacuum Brake Boosters | Power Brake Booster Exchange, Lynwood for a rebuild and fresh Zinc Dichromate. Works great.
I just picked up a 69 roadrunner with manual drums all the way around. I was just looking at buying a booster when I saw this reply. I live 30 minutes away from this place and I have an old booster from my superbee so I guess I will be driving up to Lynnwood next week. Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back