• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger SE build

I got the South Carolina sun. Couple hours outside she will be plenty hot. Already started peeling it back and it's lifting pretty easily. I think cleaning up the old glue will be the worst part.

Thanks for reminding us that it is warm in SC Jeff !!! :lol:

Couple hours outside and it peeled right off. Now to clean up the sticky mess.

IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2646.jpg

Couple hours outside and it peeled right off. Now to clean up the sticky mess.

View attachment 1361866View attachment 1361867
I found that running a red scotch brite over the paint before spraying the glue helped out with adhesion. Also, I would lay it out and fold it in half then spray half the roof and back of half of the top, then et it get tacky and apply the top and work it down. Then repeat for the other side. If this is how you do it, sorry for the redundancy!

Ordered a new top Saturday and the thing showed up on my door step today. The fastest order I have ever gotten from Legendary. They must store the material folded as these creases seem to have been there awhile.

IMG_2654(1).jpg
IMG_2656.jpg

Ordered a new top Saturday and the thing showed up on my door step today. The fastest order I have ever gotten from Legendary. They must store the material folded as these creases seem to have been there awhile.

View attachment 1364227View attachment 1364228
Very nice! Yes, the wrinkles suck. Setting it flat in the sun helps.
I have an NOS gator grain top I bought in 89, had been in the box since the 70s. Lol. I'm ging to play hell gettimg those out.

It will have all day Saturday in the sun while I get the car ready. Will get it done Sunday morning hopefully!

Got the glue cleaned up. What a mess that was, I was amazed it was still tacky and not dry at all. It's been raining the last two days so no sitting the top out in the sun. I resorted to a hair dryer and books.

I am thinking this was a return which would explain the super fast delivery and creases that seem to have been there a while.

IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2659.jpg

The creases were still there this morning and its a cool drizzly day. I will wait till next weekend as its looking like sunny and 80 come the end of the week and I can get the top out in the sun for a couple days.

Instead I switched gears and did some work on the 74.

A wise decision to wait and get as much of the folds and wrinkles out of it as possible. It's great to have another one to work on while waiting to continue on this one. I have so many that there is always another one to work on,and always something else to do. When I retire there won't be any time to sit around watching the price is right! Lol

So it didn’t stick the first time

What’s your adhesive of choice this time around

The top is on. This glue sticks! You need to be prepared to pull things tight cause if it makes contact it is stuck! Happy with the results this time.

IMG_2669.jpg
IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg

Hit the windshield and rear vinyl moldings on the buffer and got them installed today.

IMG_2676.jpg

Belt moldings, drip trough moldings, and cat whiskers going on.

IMG_2726.jpg
IMG_2727.jpg

Stapling inboard whisters onto panels? Or do you have another way of attaching? My inner whiskers awaiting install.

Auto Transport Service
Back