• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger Superbee Tribute/Restomod Build

Worked some more on the tank. I was able to get the insert made and spent some time working on the interior baffle. After doing all that practicing I still screwed up that first corner of the insert, I was so pissed I wanted to crush it with a hammer... :mad: (yes I admit to anger issues). The second corner turned out way better and neither has any holes so I am going to call that a win.

View attachment 1430963View attachment 1430964View attachment 1430965
Will you have access to the top of the tank once it's installed, encase you have some issues?

Ive made some headway on the fuel tank mods

IMG_6949.jpg
IMG_6953.jpg
IMG_6958.jpg
IMG_6959.jpg

sorry noting to contribute, I'm just following now
very interesting
Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

I was able to get the tank welded up finally, what a challenge that was. I still need to pressure test it but I am not real concerned about it.

IMG_6965.jpg

Well today I installed the sending unit and pump and then mounted it into the car to see if the access panel is going to work (it will).

IMG_6966.jpg
IMG_6967.jpg
IMG_6968.jpg
IMG_6969.jpg

The guy I got the car from installed a take out trunk floor from another car and as you can see they just overlapped the old with the new, however I am probably going to try and fight my OCD and just leave it although I don't really like it.

I've been working on some transition pieces to go from the hard line to flexible lines, I have 2 points which I want to do this. I am going to put one in front of the tank and another one in the T bar crossmember. I am using 1/2" SS pipe and some SS -6AN weld on fittings.

Don't focus on the blue hose, I am just using this for mock up. The long ones are for the cross member whereas the 2 short ones will be for back by the tank.
IMG_6981.jpg
IMG_6985.jpg
IMG_6986.jpg
IMG_6987.jpg

I don't have much to report because life and a degree of procrastination have impeded my progress. I did get the tank end transition part done and mounted (after modifying it some because I didn't like the way it came out the first time.

IMG_7029.jpg
IMG_7030.jpg

I recently purchased a plasma table and have been doing some studying on Fusion 360 while I wait for all the parts to come in.

1680059328564.jpeg

Also, I ordered a new stereo/entertainment unit for my 14 Ram 2500. The factory U connect (POS) died on the Nav side and since you cannot do car play with those I was looking at various methods to fix or replace the stock unit. There is a guy in FL that sells the newer Ram stereo that does have car play but this unit is like $2600, I chose to go with a Stinger Heigh10 unit which will give me Nav, car play, 4 cameras, etc. Now all I have to do is install it... lol

1680059381900.jpeg

Spent some time putting a leather wrap on my eBay steering wheel.. lol I even used blue thread just because...

IMG_7084.jpg
IMG_7085.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back