• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger Superbee Tribute/Restomod Build

I then moved onto the front brakes/hub so I can make this a roller, turns out that I have newer spindles (1.375 bearing size...) so the 1.250 B body Disc hubs from Wilwood will not bolt up.., I ended up ordering new hubs with bearings to fit what I have.

Last edited:
I'll most like be using TCP for when its color time on mine. At the shop I used to manage near San Diego, they were our paint material supplier. Used PPG for the shop. They have their own stuff which is the TCP line. They are huge down there supplying material for the guitar companies in the area.

I'll most like be using TCP for when its color time on mine. At the shop I used to manage near San Diego, they were our paint material supplier. Used PPG for the shop. They have their own stuff which is the TCP line. They are huge down there supplying material for the guitar companies in the area.
I like TCP and I used it on my Cuda, however its more of an issue of color matching and in this case I still have some B5 on the car so I needed something that matches better than the TCP stuff. Its all good, the spray can stuff blends it in nicely.

I did manage to get my front shocks

IMG_8200.jpg

You're knocking a lot out. It's hard to keep pace and not completely abandon my family.
@supergluehero LOL its not a competition, it just that we happen to be in similar places. I am retired, my kids are grown so I can work on my cars pretty much all I want (within reason). Also I have spent a lot of time working on sub-assemblies and now it is all coming to fruition.

Spent most of the day sorting out the rear brake lines, still need to make one more but I am waiting on a fitting.

IMG_8204.jpg

Took some time to mock up my seats, shifter handles and buddy seat. I confirmed that I am definitely going with the buddy seat and the medium height PG

IMG_8220.jpg
IMG_8221.jpg

I attempted to remove the 3 rusted in taillight bulbs but was not successful, I am going to replace the sockets.

IMG_8230.jpg

I also got one of the front hubs together, I had to reorder these because it turns out i have later model knuckles (73+) with the larger bearing. I am waiting on new caliper mounts as well because when you change to the different (larger) hubs there is a different caliper mount involved. I am not sure if it requires the caliper to be mounted in the front (currently set up to be in the rear) or not. I took the opportunity to mock up the wheels, 15x8 in the front and 15x10 in the rear
IMG_8239.jpg
IMG_8240.jpg
IMG_8241.jpg
IMG_8242.jpg

As it turned out I had to modify the pedal bracket because the pedal was just too close to the trans tunnel. I moved it about 1/2" to the left so we should be good now.

I was able to mount and balance the wheels and tires (I so love having a tire machine and balancer) 295/50 on 15x10 in the rear and I think 245/60 on 15x8 in the front...

IMG_8245.jpg
IMG_8252.jpg
IMG_8254.jpg
IMG_8256.jpg
IMG_8258.jpg

The front brake situation kind of threw me for a loop, when I ordered the kit I did not know that I had 73+ knuckles with the bigger bearings. So I had to order new hubs with new bearings which I received the other day. These hubs are a part of kit for a 73+ A body which mounts the caliper in the front. So I assembled everything with the calipers in the front but quickly decided that sucked and had to take everything apart and remount them in the rear.

I also discovered that I had assembled the rotors incorrectly but eventually sorted it out. Everything fit pretty well although I did have to space the calipers out slightly.

IMG_8247.jpg
IMG_8249.jpg

I bet that felt like an accomplishment after all you went around on it!
Yeah it definitely did. I pressure tested it yesterday and my welds were all good but there was some leakage around the fuel pump screws so I used some Nytril O rings to seal them up.

Today I am going to try and get all of the sound deadener laid down and then maybe the vintage air unit mounted so that I can figure out where I want to run my heater and AC lines. I think under the fender would be much cleaner but I am worried that they will take a beating there, however the main problem is that where the VA unit sits, there isn't much room for lines to get them to go into the engine compartment directly.

Yeah it definitely did. I pressure tested it yesterday and my welds were all good but there was some leakage around the fuel pump screws so I used some Nytril O rings to seal them up.

Today I am going to try and get all of the sound deadener laid down and then maybe the vintage air unit mounted so that I can figure out where I want to run my heater and AC lines. I think under the fender would be much cleaner but I am worried that they will take a beating there, however the main problem is that where the VA unit sits, there isn't much room for lines to get them to go into the engine compartment directly.

I was having troubles with rocks denting the fenders above the front tires. Ended up cutting up an old rubber trunk mat and fastening it up inside the fender. You might try something like that to protect the hoses.

I’m doing sound deadening this morning myself. Just finished the second coat of spectrum in the trunk:
1FEBA544-836A-40CC-9DB4-27C8481748EF.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back