• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Road Runner Restoration Started

Today another package arrived. The door sill plates came in.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1923.jpgIMG_2918.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They look nice, but I'm keeping them sealed to protect them.

I agree, Jeff is definitely a good guy. He even has a sassy green Road Runner on his business card !!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll send you the PPG formula in a PM, probably tomorrow. My shoulders are hurting enough for today. Now I'm waiting for the medicine to kick in so I can try to sleep.

Have a good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the crappy pictures. It's the best I can do right now..........................

Happy July 4TH Weekend !!!

I'm a day early with this, but here it is any way.................

HAPPY 4th of July !!!!

Let us please not forget those who sacrificed EVERYTHING to grant us our freedoms that we have today.

Freedom is NOT free.

I have less than 3 weeks to go before my first shoulder surgery. Sorry, but there is nothing new to report on the cars.

Take care and have a safe weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

im interested in the formula thanks

PM sent.

I found this thread a couple of weeks ago and started reading them one after another. Really love your work , you doing a amazing job..!!!! And I will stay tuned for sure, to watch 'n learn. Sorry to hear about your shoulders, that sucks big time..! Hope your sergery will work out just fine so you will be able to work on your cars in the shop again. Keep the chin up and hang in there....!!!

Im a bit late here Louis but i hope you had a good 4th and the shoulders aren't giving you to much trouble as you wait!

Short Timer

Thanks everyone. I have less than a week now before the first surgery. Hopefully this time next week I will be starting the long road to recovery on my right side. As soon as I get some use of my right arm back, they plan on operating on my left shoulder.

The doctor thinks I might have "frozen shoulder" now since I haven't been able to move my arms as I used to. He will check both sides while I'm under anesthesia. He tried to manipulate them some on my last office visit, but the pain was too great. If he finds out my shoulders are frozen, he said he would fix that too.

It's good feeling to know that I have a doctor that is willing to help me now.

FOUND !!!!!! 1.6 Roller Rockers / Pushrods

Needless to say, but I'm VERY happy at the moment. Years ago a good friend of mine needed some 73 Charger parts, and offered up this brand new set of Crane adjustable 1.6 ratio adjustable rocker arms and matching push rod set for payment. When we moved from Daytona Beach to our current home, these little gems were lost in the shuffle.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2599.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_9936.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They came with the rocker shafts, springs spacers etc.

My wife was going through one of her closets and found them inside another box. Hopefully they will work with 440 source aluminum heads. They were made for "Direct Connection" Stage 4 and Stage 5 heads.

- - - Updated - - -

If so, I will use them on the 440 engine that is waiting for assembly.

One more reason for me to recover from my upcoming surgeries.....................................

I can't wait to hear this engine run on my test stand.

It's been a good day!!!!

Take care.

Early christmas again...and you ain't saw this one comming ... Very cool find, I bet it made the pain in your shoulders disapear for a moment there....

Great to hear you had a good day bud! It certainly does look like you have a lot of fun to look forward to seeing these, Sooner the better for you and time and good doctors will fix that up, the mechanics for the body i guess :) We pray all gos smooth and for a quick recovery!!!

Early christmas again...and you ain't saw this one comming ... Very cool find, I bet it made the pain in your shoulders disapear for a moment there....

Almost went away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Great to hear you had a good day bud! It certainly does look like you have a lot of fun to look forward to seeing these, Sooner the better for you and time and good doctors will fix that up, the mechanics for the body i guess :) We pray all gos smooth and for a quick recovery!!!

Thank my friend. I told the surgeon to just put a grease fitting in my shoulder and I would be fine. You all could call me the tin man then............
Tomorrow is the BIG day !!!!! Wish me luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Until then, take care.

I hope it all went well Louis!!! I imagine it will be hurting some but they got things where it will be right and normal again... The Mopars await you. heal quickly buddy!!! :)

Good luck Louis, let us know how it goes[/QUOTE

]

After the recovery room I went home and fell asleep. They gave me a nerve block so that I wouldn't feel any pain until it wears off. I had the misses snap a few pictures of me before and after.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Haha. I'll Chock this posting up to me being "pain free" at the moment!!! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

This was me before the surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 200714

- - - Updated - - -

Here I am afterwards devouring a graham cracker cookie. I hadn't eat anything since the night before. This cracker tasted really good !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Brian, could you do me a big favor and edit this post so the pictures are properly oriented???? I'm posting by using my phone. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

I'm think I not as you are buzzed at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgBrian, could you do me a big favor and edit this post so the pictures are properly oriented???? I'm posting by using my phone. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

I'm think I not as you are buzzed at the moment.

One down and one to go. Hopefully it won't take too long for recovery and I'll be back at it in no time.

I'm doing fine everyone. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

Take care and I'll talk to you all later.

Have a good night.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what it was. Those anti gravity beds are SO cool. Everything looks upside down when your in one !!!!! Thanks Photon.

Great news!! Hang in there and get better...so you can do it all over again:thumbsup: Graham crackers rule!

I'm glad you are getting the attention and treatment you need and deserve. Best wishes on recovery Louis !

How's your shoulder doing? I know you won't be able to move it for awhile,

Auto Transport Service
Back