• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RoadRunner Grille

3500haulin

Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
He guys as you know im restoring a 71 Bird. I need a close up shot of a correct 71 RR Grille I have 2 and not sure which one and texture is correct for the bird.

Thanks

Photos of my original runner....half way down on the first page is a close up of the grille

Thanks bud, That means my grille is original then. Is the silver The mopar Argent Silver and the Black Flat or is there some sheen to it? I have a restorable grille and want the paint right.

Originally, the grilles were exposed black plastic with only the silver part painted. The black plastic areas have a gloss. I doubt you'll find an off-the-shelf silver to match. Definitely no texture like you find in the argent paints.

I have restored a couple of these 71 RR grilles and the best results I have gotten have been with rustoleum Semi-Gloss black and Rustoleum Aluminum for the silver. I looked for a long time for a silver that didn't have flecks in it and wasn't really glossy. I think the Aluminum Rustoleum is dead on.

Auto Transport Service
Back