• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 wipers

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
my wipers on the 71 SE stopped on the window instead of parking under edge of hood ,they still work great but just stop on edge of window trim how do I fix it ? that's both chargers having problems with the wipers :mad::BangHead:

Take the bottom chrome off. Clean it out good,then put some adhesive along the cowl just below the windshield. install the chrome molding right away.keep your hood open. Then carefully fit a piece of wood between the hood and the chrome molding and let it sit. I wrapped a rag around the wood. Don't force the wood.You don't want to ding the chrome. Worked real good for me. Good luck..

ok... three questions to track the problem:

simply stops wherever you turn off the wiper switch ?

or

doesn't hide under the hood, and parks just right above/over the bottom molding ?

and...

2 or 3 speeds ?

Just read better your OP... ok, you turn off the wipers and parks just right at the molding and not down the hood.

Ok, it seems to be a problem with the parking canceling cam system.

if 3 speeds is an internal system. 3 speeds wiper motors are easy to dissasembly and check for some internal damage on parking system.

If 2 speeds, it gets an external parking canceling cam assembly attached to the crank, which actually is not available anymore new ( but NOS at bradsnosparts, and you can guess not cheap ), but maybe still serviceable with some mantenience, if not broken. Sometimes is just about some oiling and spring washer replacement.

I have dealt with that... let me know if two speeds and will get you a link to an extended thread about this system at dodgecharger.com board

Auto Transport Service
Back