• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Polara. Just bought it. Need some help.

Lord Alvin

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
1972 Dodge Polara. 81,000 original miles. 360. Automatic. It runs very well. Brakes stop hard and don't pull. Glass is good. New dual exhaust. Body is straight. Here's what I need help with:

1. I need a gas tank.
2. The interior is in bad shape. I need seats and a dash or any other interior parts that are in good condition. Green.
3. The car has A/C, but I would like to upgrade the compressor. What works best for this car?

That's it for now. What else should I be watching for on this beast? It looks like a warthog. My wife hates it!

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpg
    IMG_6188.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,058
Welcome to fbbo. Even though that isnt a b body there are plenty of guys here that should be able to steer you on the right direction.

that thing is way cool. you dont come across the 2 doors very often. its screaming for a 440. as for interior parts , you are going to have to find a parts car or someone parting one out, none of that stuff is re-popped. im pretty sure the gas tank from any 70-74 C body will be the same. I would just have it hot tanked / cleaned / repaired. love them C bodies myself

oops

Welcome to fbbo. Even though that isnt a b body there are plenty of guys here that should be able to steer you on the right direction.

I guess I should post this over in the C bodies forum then. I'm kinda new to this whole Mopar thing. Thanks for the help!

http://www.rockauto.com/link for a tank.about as cheep as you can get a new one for your car.have your seats redone,unless there is frame damage.have not done any research on dashes for your car,so dont know.why do you want to upgrade the ac?

Not saying you need to go to the sea body site, that thing is beastly cool and welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Just haven't had any dealings with those body styles as far as body or interior is concerned.

I reckon that is totally cool especially in matte black. Over here in the UK the C bodies are really taking off as they are cheap, well equipped and fun to drive. Nice find!

http://www.rockauto.com/link for a tank.about as cheep as you can get a new one for your car.have your seats redone,unless there is frame damage.have not done any research on dashes for your car,so dont know.why do you want to upgrade the ac?

Thanks. That is a good deal on the tank.

I got a quote on the interior work and it was $2,600.00. I figured that I could find good seats for much less than that. Maybe even a dash too.

I want to change the compressor because this one is bad and the newer ones are much more efficient. Here in the south we need good A/C.

My other car.

Here's a photo of the other car I bought a couple months ago. It's a 68 Fury III fast top. I guess it's a C body too. It really is in perfect original condition. It's a bit too nice to drive every day so I keep it hidden away for special occasions. I bought the Polara to drive every day.

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 382
No...stay here and play with us...that is a fine looking car...I have always loved the 1972-73 Dodge Polara...Marla

Nice Fury. My brother ordered one new, same color blue without the vinyl top. Had the 383 4 barrel and dual exhaust. He traded it in 74 on a 4 door newport. Like the Polara to!

my C body stable has consisted of a 69 Imperial LeBaron 2 door hardtop , a 70 Chrysler 300 2 door , a 71 Chrysler 300 2 door , a 74 Chrysler 2 door and a 4 door , 69 polara 2 door , a 73 Chrysler imperial 4 door .....the polara was the only 383 car the rest were all 440's

I ordered a fuel tank.

Turns out that Polara's are hard to find and fixing these seats is really expensive! I figure that buying good used ones will save me some money. What other Dodges used these same seats?

Any c body seats will work. Fury, Newport , New Yorker.

I believe one one on forcbodiesonly.com is the place for help with your interior parts needs.

I ordered a fuel tank.

Turns out that Polara's are hard to find and fixing these seats is really expensive! I figure that buying good used ones will save me some money. What other Dodges used these same seats?

Comon over to focbodiesonly and play with us.....someone is always parting out cars.

You have great taste in cars. That Polara is righteous in its ugliness lol. Love it.

That's a sick C Body. Best of luck with getting it the way you want it. "My wife hates it!"... priceless. Don't let her convince you to get rid of that bad *** machine!

I guess I should post this over in the C bodies forum then. I'm kinda new to this whole Mopar thing. Thanks for the help!

Don't leave w/o giving us some pics and details at least ... that car is cool as hell!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a photo of the other car I bought a couple months ago. It's a 68 Fury III fast top. I guess it's a C body too. It really is in perfect original condition. It's a bit too nice to drive every day so I keep it hidden away for special occasions. I bought the Polara to drive every day.

Damn you got some nice stuff man!

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying you need to go to the sea body site, that thing is beastly cool and welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Just haven't had any dealings with those body styles as far as body or interior is concerned.

LOL .. we can just grandfather him in since he was here first. It's a 2 door after all and looks kind of like a big ol B-body

Auto Transport Service
Back