• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Rebuild

00Joe

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Hey quick question, I'm rebuilding my 727 transmission (first time ever doing so) and the low/ reverse drum had a crack in it so I ordered a new one. But the one I got is slightly different from the original stock, will the new part work or not?

PXL_20230729_143518512.MP~2.jpg

Hey quick question, I'm rebuilding my 727 transmission (first time ever doing so) and the low/ reverse drum had a crack in it so I ordered a new one. But the one I got is slightly different from the original stock, will the new part work or not?

View attachment 1501494

Ask @dvw, have read a lot of his post

Hey another question, I've been having a heck of a time with this transmission. Current problem, the kickdown band adjustment. In the service manual it's telling me to tighten to 72 ftlbs then back off 2 turns. Now I was trying to get to that and this happened. Just snapped on me, what could I be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated and needed.

PXL_20230904_153704266.MP.jpg

72 inch pounds.

That amount of balance holes doesn't seem logical to me though. I think I would try to test it somehow for out of round and balance before I'd be comfortable using it.

Auto Transport Service
Back