• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Trans

LarryPapa

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 68 Dart GTS with 383 and 727 Trans with a Transco shift kit I like the way it shifts when running through the gears but going slow in town in drive it shifts way to hard is there anything I can do so it dosent hit so hard going slow. Thanks Larry.

Hi. I have a 68 Dart GTS with 383 and 727 Trans with a Transco shift kit I like the way it shifts when running through the gears but going slow in town in drive it shifts way to hard is there anything I can do so it dosent hit so hard going slow. Thanks Larry.

larry,

drop your trans pan and find this (see attachment):

turn the hex-headed screw so that the tension on the spring becomes less (you will see the spring become longer), about 3-5 turns. This will lower the pressure within the valve body a tad so to create less firm shifts.

BUT.. when you put in a shift improver kit and then adjust the valve body to a different specification than what was recommended by the kit, there are some symptoms.. these can include, but are not limited to:

1. lower performance (e.g. 1-2 and 2-3 shifts will not be precise and firm)
2. clutch disc wear would happen sooner (but it will still take a long time, so its a byproduct and I had to mention it, but I would not be too worrisome about it)
3. dependent upon the improver kit, you could receive some overlap in your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts (possible.. but very iffy)

Have to say that just so you know what to look for if you are not pleased with the peformance.

Attachments

• AT_TF727_valve_assemblya.jpg
    AT_TF727_valve_assemblya.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 138
Auto Transport Service
Back