• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger starting dismantle stage

Thx, so now that I have stripped the inside out, I am going to start sanding and blasting interior and seal it up, what company have people used with good outcome with seat covers, thx

Legendary makes great auto interiors. That's my opinion, but i'm sure you find many others with the same...As far as you primer, myself I would use a decent epoxy primer like PPG DP40 or comparable. You could always go the self etching route depending on your game plan. As far as your media, Donny would be the one to ask on that, but I can guarantee he'll be telling you not to waste your time with a portable blaster. Plastic/aluminum oxide would be the way to go...By all means don't use sand. Gets way too hot (easy to warp panels) Good luck

tag resize.jpg
I am using a portable blaster, lol but just to do hard to get spots inside car, gonna get a shop to do exterior, only 1 small hole inside and one 3x4 size rest is good, then I sanded the roof inside by hand. Having trouble cleaning trunk as the last guy spray with box liner, but didn't clean first so it's pealing all over. The hard part is removing the stuff that stuck, hmmmmm I am using glass media in blaster, I will post pics tomorrow of the inside, still slowly getting things apart on dash, lol I ordered a bunch of parts last week and also today so mail man will be knocking lots, yahoooooo.....

Ive used the glass bead for blasting on some intakes but ive never used it on metal, Im getting a place on one of our porch's ready myself for a truck load of those "parts" lol.. These old cars seem to keep the bank account from growing and our wallets empty, price we pay for our habits :) Have to admit, its fun, keeps us off the streets..... at least until were done!

For a sand blasted surface I like Epoxy primer, it fills better and is really tough + it can be directly topcoated without any prep. Once you get to the bodywork I like Urethane primers. Whoever you've been talking to (511-512 not being streetable) don't know they're *** from a hole in the ground, check out Props post in projects & restoration's "Family Tradition" he's got a video of his 512 being dyno'd "nasty motor". As Superfreak said "it's all in the way you build it". If you have any motor questions post them in the engine and driveline section "lots of good knowledgeable guys" .The big advantage of allot of cubes to me is that you can build allot of horses without revving it so high resulting in a more reliable motor not to mention the added torque. I had 3.89's in my last car and didn't like the rpm's on the freeway, I'll be trying 3.55's on my Charger until I can afford a T56. Cool car, good luck

Thx for the info, Yep I will be going 511/512 and will research part combo lots first, looking to get it done this winter. I am not doing any of the body work myself, just the interior and trim, so I was asking about what stuff to spray for the floor ceiling doors all interior before doing carpet and headliner and dash. I had an older body guy give me a quote to get car ready to paint for 1000 bucks and all I do is supply 2 rockers and the 1 rear pass side lower quarter and they will install them, but I need to remover bumpers and trim, then 1000 to 1500 bucks to paint depending on type of paint. So is this good or what to watch for or ask about, I will be asking others about his work also. Thx

Some guys have been using rustbullit and then paint or POR-15 for interior coatings.

Some guys have been using rustbullit and then paint or POR-15 for interior coatings.

X2....sealed her up with Rust Bullet as well. Put Rattletrap sound deadner over the top of that, then insulation and carpet.

As far as that price for the body/paint, that is Super Cheap. I would recommend you get that in writing and also ask for some references, possibly checking out some of his prior work. My primer and paint alone were over $600 bucks total (my cost). Sounds like a super deal if he does good work and sticks to that price. Rockers are a lot of work and primer/paint/fillers are not cheap these days.

Yeah, I would definetly check his work out before paying him to do it, ask him how he intends to do the rockers, quarter patch and check out his shop, does he have a paint booth, a clean work area or is it a back yard chop shop)? You should be able to get a feel on whether or not he knows what he's doing. I've seen some pretty bad repairs done by so called pro's "don't let it be yours. I have over a $1,200 in paint and primer did give you an idea but maybe he intends to use a single stage paint. Good luck

Ya he said about 300 for material plus 700 labour to get ready for paint and I supply just the parts and something about tig or mig welded, then 1000 to 1500 just to paint it and that is on type of paint and is gonna dp clear coat, he said that is painted in a 100,000 paint booth with oven and so on. So I will go look at it and look at some work for sure guys, that is what I was thinking also and so I posted it, but also heard of krazzy prices and was a bad job also. I am going to start sealing her up in the interior over the next couple days, I will look for that stuff propwash that you have mentioned, we do live in canada here and not always easy to find, lol Thx guys and will soon have pics....

- - - Updated - - -

Thx Superfreak, since you are in canada where would I find this rust bullet or only online orders and also other stuff for interiors, thx

There is a dealer in Edmonton and none in Vancouver believe it or not. It was going to be $250 a gal shipped to me so around $200-$220 to you. Look up there web site and they can give you the dealer info, I did not keep the info. I use a product called blue steel on bare metal and then paint over that. Now a days there are many products on the market.

Yep found them and just called and they have it instock, yahooo thx

Thank you for your interest in Rust Bullet Products. One Gallon of Rust Bullet Automotive is 164.99. We offer free shipping for Canada orders totaling over $125. Canada Customs require Canadian recipients to pay PST, GST, HST and any additional duties and taxes on shipments entering Canada. Broker Fees are also charged to process shipments and present requisite documents to Canada Customs on Behalf of the importer. This order is shipped via UPS's e-Tailer Brokerage Program. Non-Commercial orders valued under CAD $200 shipped via UPS Standard are subject to a reduced brokerage fee of CAD $10, plus any applicable taxes and duties. Shipments valued at CAD $200 and above and/or being imported to Canada for commercial purposes and/or subject to specialized clearance may incur additional fees. Please be aware UPS will request payment of these charges at time of delivery. You may call UPS ahead of time (1-800-742-5877) to pay these charges, eliminating payment on delivery.

I just went and bought some on thesouthside of Edmonton and can wait to use, lol

Before and afterresize floor 1.jpgresi floor 4.jpgres floor after.jpgres flor 4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the work that had to be done in trunk, it was a messres trnk orig 1.jpgres trunk 1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back