• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Numbers Rallye Charger 1 of 396 FINISHED Every Nut n Bolt - Glamour Shots

Grumpy

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
No room here to post all the pics.

Here's a link to my FB page with the shots.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.734682756554457.1073741854.200941343261937&type=3

Copy of IMG_1098.jpg

Come on, at least post an engine bay, and interior, and a tag or options list.

Nice.

Thanks everyone.

For those of you that don't have FB, here's a copy of the text for the album on FB and some pix.

I restored/rebuilt all of the parts myself with the exception of the body and upholstery and vinyl. Hard to believe, but now that the car is finished and is like a "museum piece", I will never drive it. I just put it in one of my buildings in storage with the others that I've done. I just like to restore and have a passion for it which I would rather do than go to car shows etc. I know, it's crazy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it took long enough but it finally finished after taking this winter off. 1973 Dodge Charger Rallye, 1 of 396 manufactured with a 340 engine and manual 4-speed transmission. This is a numbers matching car (engine and transmission have same stamped serial number as VIN tag).

We restored this car according to EXACTLY how it came from Mopar back in 1973, according to the decoding of the fender tag and the "production build sheet". It's hard to believe the car was ordered with Clear Glass and Wide Sill moldings which we had new still in the Mopar wrappers.

Thanks to, Dave at MMCDetroit ICCA for the inspection paint codes we used on various parts of this car, like transmission, differential housing etc etc. Also, thank you Rubin Collazo for the great job he did on the Legendary Upholstery and vinyl top. Also, thank you to Norm of Norm's Speed Shop for the great 4 speed rebuild work. Thanks to Tim Savage for the jobs when I needed to have "Four Hands". Thanks to Mark at Esquire Muffler in Wisconsin Rapids for even "clocking the exhaust clamps".

And finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to my friend Earl Stoflet of Wisconsin Rapids for the fantastic metal, mud and paint work. You are truly an artist and the best fabricator I have ever known. Thanks for helping me build the rotisserie too.

Year One, PPG, Legendary Interiors, Inline Tube, AMD, Bauer Blasting, Keystone Plating, Phoenix Graphix and more....

IMG_1194.jpgCopy of IMG_1088.jpgCopy of IMG_1097.jpgCopy of IMG_1099.jpgCopy of IMG_1101.jpgCopy of IMG_1103.jpgCopy of IMG_1110.jpgCopy of IMG_1113.jpgCopy of IMG_1114.jpgCopy of IMG_1119.jpgCopy of IMG_1120.jpgCopy of IMG_1121.jpgIMG_1091.jpgIMG_1093.jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1130.jpgIMG_1131.jpgIMG_1133.jpgIMG_1136.jpgIMG_1138.jpgIMG_1143.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1163.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1176.jpgIMG_1177.jpgIMG_1180.jpgIMG_1185.jpgIMG_1187.jpg

very very very nice Grump thanks for sharing :headbang:

That is one beautiful charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW
It is a well restored Charger!
Very nice car you have Grumpy!
Very nice car!
RARE

... I restored/rebuilt all of the parts myself with the exception of the body and upholstery and vinyl. Hard to believe, but now that the car is finished and is like a "museum piece", I will never drive it. I just put it in one of my buildings in storage with the others that I've done. I just like to restore and have a passion for it which I would rather do than go to car shows etc. I know, it's crazy....

Wow!! Great job on the Rallye.
"One of my buildings"? Is it at the Wisconsin location?

You have to update the website now!! Still have old photo.
:)

You're right. It's been a year since I updated the website since I usually post everything on FB now.

Just updated it, have to refresh your browser probably. Put some pix of this car up there, and also decided I'm getting too old and I'm going to sell some cars, some good to go, some projects. I've got them listed as "FOR SALE" on the website. One of them is a 1968 Satellite Convertible that I was going to clone into a GTX. No, it's not cheap, I want a lot for it.

There's also a 64 Chevelle Convertible, a 1964 Lemans Convertible, 1971 Grand Prix, 1967 Grand Prix numbers 428 8-lug survivor with a paint job, 1976 Cadillac Bicentennial Convertible #139 of 200 made, 1974 El Camino x 1/4 mile car turned into street car with NOS.
Soon as I get a chance to take pix I'm going to post em on Ebay. http://www.Grumpys-Garage.com If this page doesn't load please let me know.

Wow!! Great job on the Rallye.
"One of my buildings"? Is it at the Wisconsin location?

You have to update the website now!! Still have old photo.
:)

Thats a nice looking Charger, color combo is great!

Super nice restoration, good to see another resto with attention to detail!

Auto Transport Service
Back