• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 rr power wire to fuse blockblock

midnightrider1818

Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys on my 73 rr on the first half of the fuse block at the very bottom there is a spade terminal. I know a feed wire hooks here. The previous owner just has a wire coming from the 12v starter relay on the dash supplying power to it. I was wondering where this wire is suppose to come from

The two male spades at the bottom are power taps for accessories, one keyed and one un-switched (BATT). Shouldn’t be any incoming power connected there. Sounds like an attempt to bypass another problem if power is being feed in there from another source.
Starter relay on the dash? sure about that?

USUALLY nothing from factory used those sources, since factory options got their sources all around the harness already set for them.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1973/73SatelliteA.JPG
http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1973/73SatelliteB.JPG

Nacho-RT74 is correct. The original wires are all part of the harness.
Like 72RoadrunnerGTX mentioned, the starter relay is not on/in the dash. It's under the hood.
The non-switched fuses are fed via a splice in the wiring harness from the ammeter output (black wire) to several points which include the fuse panel, headlight switch, Ignition switch (red) etc.
The switched side of the fuse panel is fed with a black wire from the ignition switch.
If the wire you have now is connected to the large post of the starter relay, my guess is they are feeding the non-switched side of the fuse panel. What that does is bypasses the ammeter. Does your ammeter work?
If that wire is feeding the switched side then everything is hot all the time. You would be able to turn on the radio, wipers and such without turning on the key.

That's doesn't mean those sources can't be used to feed extra accesories, just telling what Factory did.

MAYBE some extra mega ultra loaded and optioned car could use one of them for some "uncommon" factory or dealer accesory. I think powered rear deck latch could be plugged there. Hard to see an ORIGINAL optioned car with it though

Auto Transport Service
Back