• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Hood scoop thoughts

Moparmayhem

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am helping my son restore his 74 Charger and he wants to do something different to his hood.
We measured his hood, I designed it in Solidworks then rendered it so we could review it.
He will be painting it flat black along with some of his trim.
He wants something different but not crazy, please have a look and let us know.

Thanks,
Moparmayhem

74 Hood Scoop 2.JPG

Looks like the old Super Stock hood scoop.

Thanks for the reply, that's what he was kinda going for

Something different?
Unlimited products makes a 70 challenger t/a scoop. Never seen one on anything but a T/A.

That year of Charger has such a large long hood.

That would be a large flat scoop that would need support stand offs in opening and maybe ribbing underneath to prevent the center from vibrating in wind. Your design resembles this one
Vicrez Carbon Fiber Demon Hood w/ Vent Scoop vz102502 | Dodge Challenger 2008-2023

I been on the lookout for a Cuda AAR type hood scoop for my 72 Satellite, but having hard time finding one. Also considered cutting up a Hell Cat hood with the vents to let under hood air out but that would be expensive.
Hellcat Heat Extractor Style Carbon Fiber Hood for 08-21 Dodge Challenger - AERO | eBay

Last edited:
Is there a source for those Daytona wings for third gen?

Thanks for the feed back guys,

Carcinogen, that's exactly what he was trying to accomplish. Totally understand and will provide supports.
I will keep my eyes open for what you are looking for while I am surfing.

Thanks All,
Moparmayhem

That year of Charger has such a large long hood.

That would be a large flat scoop that would need support stand offs in opening and maybe ribbing underneath to prevent the center from vibrating in wind. Your design resembles this one
Vicrez Carbon Fiber Demon Hood w/ Vent Scoop vz102502 | Dodge Challenger 2008-2023

I been on the lookout for a Cuda AAR type hood scoop for my 72 Satellite, but having hard time finding one. Also considered cutting up a Hell Cat hood with the vents to let under hood air out but that would be expensive.
Hellcat Heat Extractor Style Carbon Fiber Hood for 08-21 Dodge Challenger - AERO | eBay
Years ago I bought a AAR scoop from some company in Canada that I was going to try mold onto a flat Cuda steel hood, I played with it some and whittled down the scoop but in the end just bought an AAR hood. I still have that scoop, I am in WA.

Auto Transport Service
Back