• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A First the 10MM Socket that Didn't Get Away!

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
My 2014 Toyota battery was dead. Suspect trunk was left open for a long time 18hrs I bet after a trip to Costco. Charged battery and decided to put a new battery in. When changing battery the 10mm socket went chink clunk gone thought it hit concrete. Then a 3" extension went clink clang on to the pan in front of radiator, use a long magnetic grabber, got it. It's hot and engine is hot I'm pissed off my bum ankle is barking. Got the battery in and the 10mm socket is under or where ever, don't care. Didn't bother with battery hold down lazy hot me,tomorrow. Wife had to go someplace early so she got back I let the car sit 2 hours put hold down on. Backed car out no socket, OK. Looked in driveway not in site 30 ft of 185' driveway. Drove out end hoping itshook lose from drop off at end driveway, nope. Roll down the road 150' and there it was amazing.

Mines the 3/8" 12 pt box wrench, or sockets
I need for my stainless ARP hardware

cleaver lil' fuckers always trying to hide or escape

Isn't that what the 10mm end wrench is for, so that doesn't happen?

Almost lost that too. O'le fumble fingers here.

That what this is for! LOL
xxssi_ibeGetWCCImage.jpg

My 2014 Toyota battery was dead. Suspect trunk was left open for a long time 18hrs I bet after a trip to Costco. Charged battery and decided to put a new battery in. When changing battery the 10mm socket went chink clunk gone thought it hit concrete. Then a 3" extension went clink clang on to the pan in front of radiator, use a long magnetic grabber, got it. It's hot and engine is hot I'm pissed off my bum ankle is barking. Got the battery in and the 10mm socket is under or where ever, don't care. Didn't bother with battery hold down lazy hot me,tomorrow. Wife had to go someplace early so she got back I let the car sit 2 hours put hold down on. Backed car out no socket, OK. Looked in driveway not in site 30 ft of 185' driveway. Drove out end hoping itshook lose from drop off at end driveway, nope. Roll down the road 150' and there it was amazing.

It is amazing
That is my luck all the time Fran!
The impossible happens to me...
At least you found it!
(I never do)

:lol:

THAT is exactly the way it goes with those pesky 10mm's. Let's go back to American and it'll be 3/8". Much more comfortable with them(always have 2 somewhere!)The brain drain of what I can substitute in American is excruciating!

THAT is exactly the way it goes with those pesky 10mm's. Let's go back to American and it'll be 3/8". Much more comfortable with them(always have 2 somewhere!)The brain drain of what I can substitute in American is excruciating!

That the problem, 10mm doesn't match anything normal... If you find a 13/32 wrench (you need to look in that little pouch of ignition wrenches included in every old Craftsman tool set) you'll be golden, a little loose but it'll work...

That the problem, 10mm doesn't match anything normal... If you find a 13/32 wrench (you need to look in that little pouch of ignition wrenches included in every old Craftsman tool set) you'll be golden, a little loose but it'll work...
Xactly!!!! Planned on purpose by the Europeans!

Auto Transport Service
Back