• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A fool and his money are soon parted

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
I've worked in 15-20,000 square foot homes & they are big, but what in God's name do you do with a 56,000 square foot home? They say it's such a white elephant that it may be a tear down.

michael_jordan2012-chicago-mansion-med-wide.jpg

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/316281/40/Michael-Jordans-home-gets-zero-buyers-at-auction

That's not a home, it's an estate complex.
And I figure they are correct about it being a hard sell.
If you have that kind of money, you can live anywhere you want to.
Why there?

worst part is it's in Chicago area, sorry MarPar

I knew that was #23 "Air" Jordans before I even opened the link, 9 bedrooms, 15 baths, putting & chipping green/practice area & 14 car garage {I like those parts}, the rest is way overkill, even if your a gazillionaire

Rent out what you don't want to live in and fer shore keep the garage!

What makes you think there is not a pool inside?

wonder what it's like to piss away money like that. Then again the guy who build that ,if we had money , would want to know why we own a 100 cars

I can see 1000 sq ft to live in and the balance of 55, 000 sq ft to contain the machine shop, car collection, service bay, paint booth and boat storage.

I have never understood the need to build a show off place like this. But I aint rich either. There is a pretty fabulous house and horse barn "estate" near my home that is owned by a successful local restaurant owner. Nice, impressive place. But he lights up the whole front of the house with floodlights at night so it can be seen from the highway. To me, that is just a snooty show off thing. Like he is screaming "Look at what I have! " I guess I am just a more low key person.....

Someone with that kind of money, wants their own palace with their own touches. Usually their egoes are so big they would have to raze the entire complex.

That's just a shack compared to the 66,000 sq ft that Bill Gates lives in. Must be embarrassing for Jordan.

It's in Chicago?? Must be Mar's new house. When we coming over to break it in "gearhead style?" And don't tell us you don't have room for all of us AND our cars.

Who builds a house that big with no pool?

it's indoors...LOL....

- - - Updated - - -

I can see 1000 sq ft to live in and the balance of 55, 000 sq ft to contain the machine shop, car collection, service bay, paint booth and boat storage.

yeah give me a bed, a shower, a Kitchen & somewhere to sit my butt down, the rest can be shop

- - - Updated - - -

It's in Chicago?? Must be Mar's new house. When we coming over to break it in "gearhead style?" And don't tell us you don't have room for all of us AND our cars.

yeah what up with that ?? why haven't we got the invite ?? he he ha ha

Last edited:
Sheeeit, the property taxes in Highland Park are more than what my house is worth!!

with that kind of $$$ i could buy my own town out west with acreage and a house and shop for each of ya!! lol

Auto Transport Service
Back