• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACE 66 wants your opinion....

Ace66

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
Who makes the best manual front disc brake conversion kit for a 1966 Satellite with 14 inch wheels?

I recommend Dr Diff also.

All are made in the same chinese factory. Until you get to the better product.

Could you explain that? Each company sells a completely different arrangement. Some using mustang brakes, some using LTD, some using 70’s Mopar. I have no doubt much of it comes from China but the idea it all comes from the same place seems to need some evidence.

Just grab some newer b body brakes like 71-74 charger I I'm told they will bolt in .
I have upper and lowers control arms and out disc setup from a 73 rallye charger I'm not 100%on the conversion i think up just need the spindle out someone might want to explain if this is correct again I've never done it but have sold many setups to people that say it can be done and is easy

A lot of it depends on how much BS you want to deal with and how original you want it to look. Generally the kits where you get everything and use the drum spindles are super easy, work great but may have a booster that doesn’t match stock.

Once they are on and working no one will know but you. The Leeds 4 piston will look more stock at the wheels. The single piston ones might not match what the car might have come with if it had the option.

Could you explain that? Each company sells a completely different arrangement. Some using mustang brakes, some using LTD, some using 70’s Mopar. I have no doubt much of it comes from China but the idea it all comes from the same place seems to need some evidence.

Auto Transport Service
Back