• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable Air Bleeds

moparmarkk

Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi,just got a 1050 dominator,How do you adjust the air bleeds?and what do they do?thanks mark

Mark, do yourself a huge favor and buy/order a Holley book that covers dominators. Lots of good reading info. Good luck

Is this a new carb or a used one ? Ron

First thing is does it even have jets in the air bleeds as many older carbs did not. Ron

Vizards book,"super tuning holley carbs". Published by S A designs. Available everywhere. Good book,fair price.

Are you having any problems with the carb ? You can fine tune by the air bleeds as they control how much air mixes in with the fuel inside the carb. Of course the larger air bleed be it idle or main air bleeds makes that circuit leaner since the larger hole lets more air into mix with the fuel. But if your carb has the bleeds that came with it I would run it like that first and see how it runs. No need to just go and change them if the mixture is right and its not having a problem. If it is giving you a problem let us know as then we may be able to help and tell you what it needs to have done. Ron

Hi,I was trying to find the basic info on this carb,wrote holley tech,just want to put the carb back to stock form and go from there.no reply from holley,mark

Hi,I was trying to find the basic info on this carb,wrote holley tech,just want to put the carb back to stock form and go from there.no reply from holley,mark

Sorry as other then Holley I am not sure who would know what they came with stock. Good luck as I hope they get back to you. Ron

get the list # off the carb & holley has a chart of list # 's & the parts that came on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back