• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice for a 73 Roadrunner - take 2 - with pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I has known you were needing a grille last week.

I've seen two for sale in that time span, but both are an hour plus drive (in opposite directions).

If you make it back that way, let me know.

Wow, what a thread! Congrats on the car, keep in mind that no matter what people said pro or con, you got 5 pages of opinions, suggestions, tips, and help. I don't think I've ever put up a thread about my car that got that much attention.

And in Bruzilla's defense, I disagree with him on many things, but his knowledge of '73-'74 RR's is more extensive than anyone I've seen on this board. I hate to say it, but I would agree that your car has more than 22K miles on it. My Charger, which is definitely a "survivor", had 90K miles on it, and everything was stock and looked great, no restoration except for the passenger seat that me or my mechanic could tell. With all the little mysteries, and the breaks in the steering wheel, there seem to be some telltale signs that car has been though more wear and tear than a normal 22K amount of miles.

That being said, who cares how many miles it has on it, if it's the car you want and you're happy with what you paid for it. It's certainly a beautiful ride, and I wish you many years of awesome motoring with that bad boy. Just don't turn around and sell it claiming 22K miles. :)

Wow - did this thread ever "fester" over a short period. Gotta have tough skin in the Mopar hobby - be prepared for criticism (especially if you ask for it) ! Bottom line : your car , you're happy with it , price was right for you, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy just to look at it in the garage , and puts a smile on your face to drive it. I'm happy for you , and hope the car survives for another 40. BTW - I have a 73 RR with full vinyl as well , triple black actually , all original 340 Arizona car , build sheet, yada, yada. I didn't like the vinyl 'cause I wanted the recognizable stripes , changing the color, too. I'll add a wing as well 'cause they look good (you'll see more with it than without !) I also have a 70 Swinger 340 4 spd that I'm keeping original , I've had a few and gone both ways. Their all "Nacho" cars (their mine "not yo's" !) . 73-4 B bodies are really coming around , too - see lots at the Nationals - affordable classics. Have fun - nice car.

it is far from a survivor with it having a color change! lol
b5 to that color is a step backwards...

Read my tag decode, folks, it's only a B5 interior, the exterior color is correct per the tag and the build sheet.

Geeze, this guy asked for some insight on this car, and then bought it.

It's a nice car. I'd own it. I'll bet many of you would as well.

Give him some slack.

its not bad overall,i sure have seen alot worse out there.
being a 318 car,
it wouldn't stay original for long if it was mine!

Remind me not to ever ask for opinions of my car or car I intend to purchase on this board. Lotta wet rags. When mine is finished, and I post some pics - I'll be sure to say "all done , don't care whether you like it or not - I'm happy with it".

Read my tag decode, folks, it's only a B5 interior, the exterior color is correct per the tag and the build sheet.

Geeze, this guy asked for some insight on this car, and then bought it.

It's a nice car. I'd own it. I'll bet many of you would as well.

Give him some slack.

I want to see all the improvements he plans to make it a great car which it isn't too far from being.

Remind me not to ever ask for opinions of my car or car I intend to purchase on this board. Lotta wet rags. When mine is finished, and I post some pics - I'll be sure to say "all done , don't care whether you like it or not - I'm happy with it".

EXACTLY! I have no intentions of talking about my car any more here not with all the "EXPERT" jackasses that think they know so much. I see that moron bruzilla is giving another seller on ebay sh*t for listing a low mileage car. What an idiot! The admin needs to put a stop to that because thats not what forums are for.

And admin, as far as Im concerned, you can remove ALL my posts & take me off this forum I dont care.

And Bruzilla & all you other "KNOW-IT-ALLS" that think you are experts because you looked at my pictures, I now have PROOF that the mileage is correct on this car so F*CK YOU. The joke is on you! HAHA!

In defense of brother Bruzilla, he certainly has a bit of knowledge, and I respect looking to pay bottom dollar (cause I do, too)...but not everyone can find bottom dollar bargains that are much nicer than the sales price indicates.

...and just for the record, those of you out West can vouch that a 22K mile car certianly could have burnt off paint and a cooked interior, especially a 40 year old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back