• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Problem

On the back of the valve, there are three (3) nipples. The single nipple should have a small restriction molded in; the other two nipples are the outlet ports of the valve. Try reversing these two outlet port hoses. Do you have the electric solenoid valve connected to the hoses and operational (energized with ignition on)? This solenoid dumps the vacuum on shut down, allowing the air grabber door to close.
BOB RENTON

Thanks again Bob. I do not have the solenoid. The vacuum lines from the switch are molded in & not changeable. I'll try switching the lines at the actuator . Maybe that will produce the change needed.

Do your hoses still have the colour code stripe visible on them?
upload_2021-12-15_7-25-36.png

Good information here, thanks for the details on something I have to restore on my sons GTX. :thumbsup:

I'm still having some problems. I just sent the actuator out to get rebuilt. But my question is, what side of the vacuum canister does the manifold hose fit to. Is it the firewall side or front of car side ??

It's the one you can suck air out of but can't blow air into, hook up a some hose and try to make sure.
On mine it's the top nipple.
You can bypass the can to test everything, just wont hold reserve vacuum.

Auto Transport Service
Back