• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator Advice Needed

Hankohop

Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just doing some wiring I have my engine up and running but the charging system isn't doing it's job. I have power running to the alternator and I have my field wires in place. I'm thinking I may have missed something simple considering I had to add new connections to the wiring. I'm using my wiring diagram and I may be able to chase down the problem myself. The alternator is new as well. I just wanted to know if there are any odd things about the Mopar charging system on a 1969 Charger that I should be aware of. Any advice would be much appreciated!

How many field wires do you have? I'm not sure if it was 69 or 70 that they changed to dual field alternators. If you have a single field wiring harness and have a newer style alternator, which is all you can get from most parts houses now. You have to ground the second field on the alternator.

The one I took out and the one i put in both have two wires! And none taken! Thank you very much!

Auto Transport Service
Back