• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I screwed up when I miss a pet over a human??

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
If so, then I'm screwed up!! I miss my dad a lot and over any pet but....my pets have been way better than any woman that's ever been in my life and I've given it a lot of thought. Maybe I need to be more picky about the women that come into my life.....

Humans are flawed. Pets are not flawed.

Pets don't manipulate.... If they love you then that's all there is to it....

If so, then I'm screwed up!! I miss my dad a lot and over any pet but....my pets have been way better than any woman that's ever been in my life and I've given it a lot of thought. Maybe I need to be more picky about the women that come into my life.....
Or get more dogs. That would be the safer route.

Not at all. Read my response to your quote of a post I made in the AI thread. The part about dogs anyway.

Humans are flawed. Pets are not flawed.
I have a flawed pet..... LOL.... I have two female Huskies.. One is an absolute sweet heart.... The other is......... She loves us, but she insists on what some refer to as "mouthing"...... She runs up to me and proceeds to chew on hands and forearms... Never hard but it's been impossible to get her to stop.... I've tried substituting toys, pushing my hand into her mouth till she wants it out.... Five minutes later she's back.... I've started referring to her as Bytor the snow dog... Kinda a play on Rush's Bytor and the snow dog....

no miss my dogs every day, and it depends on what human :lol:

No sir, not at all. In my case, when I let someone go out of my life for a bad reason, that’s it, no regrets. There isn’t anyone I can’t cut out of my life, if the situation is that bad. I miss all the dogs, horses, animals I’ve had in my life. The people I miss, either alive or gone, I feel blessed to have had or have in my life.

I have a flawed pet..... LOL.... I have two female Huskies.. One is an absolute sweet heart.... The other is......... She loves us, but she insists on what some refer to as "mouthing"...... She runs up to me and proceeds to chew on hands and forearms... Never hard but it's been impossible to get her to stop.... I've tried substituting toys, pushing my hand into her mouth till she wants it out.... Five minutes later she's back.... I've started referring to her as Bytor the snow dog... Kinda a play on Rush's Bytor and the snow dog....
Bytor! Had to laugh at that one.....and have experienced pets like that before. A couple took it another step further and drew red!

Bytor! Had to laugh at that one.....and have experienced pets like that before. A couple took it another step further and drew red!
Bytor is pretty aware of bite pressure, she's gentle... Just likes to hold your forearm mostly & never hard... But it's been known to scare the grandkids... Lets see, looks like a wolf... Likes to put body parts in the jaws of dismemberment... :lol: Gotta love that girl....

Not really Pets are up there as we treat them just like kids… We spent 2k on a mallard duck for her broken leg and then took her on vacation for a week cause she needed special care and it happened days before vacation… Here she was caged on the lake..

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I lost my little dog buddy a few months back and I miss him every day. Except for
family, I can't think of any person from the past that I really miss on a continuous basis.

If you can pull it off why not
Agreed. Many others thought we were crazy for saving her but we knew she had a lot of life left in her. We had to double cage her and write “PET not a wild duck” so no one would release her. There were many mallards everyday and night that came by to see her…

IMG_0562.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back