• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting a 2-Barrel Poly Intake for use with a 4-Barrel Carburetor

TFBinNH

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
I've been hunting for a 4-barrel intake for a Poly 318, but I've come to find out they're tough to find. I've seen a few hints that it might be possible to convert the existing 2-barrel intake for use with a 4-barrel carburetor though, so I thought I'd ask about that here. I saw a thread that mentioned this had been done by someone named Gary Pavlovich, but I haven't been able to find any details about how to do it or what results to expect or any specific carbs to use with the conversion. Can anyone point me in the right direction -or- maybe tell me to STOP pursuing this idea before I do something stupid? LOL Thanks! Tom in NH

Hi Tom,
Not sure what you have found with this idea?
The hot ticket is a CP Poly intake.
We use an old Wieand but they is for racing really.
I'm gonna make a LS domi manifold fit my 402ci Poly.
You could use an stock LS manifold and make up some trick spacers like the Hinkles did.

ManifoldFinishOptions.png

Hi Tom,
Not sure what you have found with this idea?
The hot ticket is a CP Poly intake.
We use an old Wieand but they is for racing really.
I'm gonna make a LS domi manifold fit my 402ci Poly.
You could use an stock LS manifold and make up some trick spacers like the Hinkles did.

View attachment 1569844
They adaptors don't need to be a thick as the Hinkles ones.

Hinkles 426 poly.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back