• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I the only one that sees a million Medicare commercials?

SteveSS

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
I don't have regular TV like cable or satellite. I mostly watch movies or YouTube either about cars or the science behind our universe. 2/3rds of the commercials are about parts C and D for Medicare. Has the algorithm figured out I'm 66 or is everyone getting bombarded with these commercials?

All the time!!! And they are out of enrollment season right now. Gladly I don't need those supplements to Medicare A&B as I have retirement medical to make up the difference. Like you though I find them really annoying...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Yep

Enrollment season.

They've quieted down quite a bit here.

Medicare, and medication/chemicals. All OVER the airwaves.

I remember when commercials were for cars, and cereal, and board games, and other TV shows. Not this constant barrage of "submit to the medical establishment for a lifetime of dependence" bullshit.

It confuses me - why all these commercials if it’s not enrollment season? Must be a reaso I’m just unaware of.

It confuses me - why all these commercials if it’s not enrollment season? Must be a reaso I’m just unaware of.
From what I understand... enrollment period is only if you're currently on medicare and wish to change. However, people become medicare-eligible throughout the year as they enter the age of 65.

Just wait till you enroll in Medicare, the phone calls will drive you Insane. I bet I have 20 different numbers blocked.

Besides the Medicare commercials I was getting 5 or 6 spam calls a day. I turn 65 next month. Anyone here have the Philo Network and watch the Motortrend channel? On EVERY commercial break for about a week now is this one AT&T commercial that parodies Antiques Roadshow. Talk about saturation.

They must have you old guys pegged. I see none.

The reason you see medicare ads year round as people turn 65 they need to sign up for it. Then get supplantmental plans. The blitz is renewal time they try get people to change companies. Think Oct to early Dec.

I haven't seen any for at least 2 months.

They were hot and heavy as stated above Oct-Dec.

I don't have regular TV like cable or satellite. I mostly watch movies or YouTube either about cars or the science behind our universe. 2/3rds of the commercials are about parts C and D for Medicare. Has the algorithm figured out I'm 66 or is everyone getting bombarded with these commercials?
Yeah me too as now they are starting to interfere with my Carshield Commercials and really pissing me off!!:D:D

I get one or two letters in the mail a week and at least two phone calls a week also. I've been on medicare for two years and it never stops...

Three to five times a week, I get the "This is you last chance to sign up...!" or "This will be our final call to you in regards to signing up...!!" Obviously, it is NOT my 'last chance", or they'd have stopped calling. And it's NEVER their "final call". About a month ago, I got a barrage of over FIFTY such calls in one week! I've never blocked so many numbers before. Of course, they have a plethora of fake numbers to do their robo-shi# with.

Then, on TV, there are the car warranty shills, the gal who has the magic potion to cure stinky hooey and buttcrack, and the eternally depressing ASPCA commercials that want "just $19.00 a month!" along with the Shriner's Hospitals pitch for the same money.

Last edited:
Get more now than ever did .
1686772087650.png

I am sick of seeing them as well. One thing to ask if you are a senior like I am, if those advantage plans are so good why all the money to promote them? Answer is they are good for one thing making money for insurance companies, beware.

Has this guy been on there lately.
1686835736584.png

Auto Transport Service
Back