• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a movie person.

I got inspired by this thread ad went and signed up for Regal Theater's special deal. All the movies you can watch for $19/Month. Since I'm retired I can go anytime I want. So I went and watched RENFIELD and COVENANT today.

Renfield is over-the-top gross and bloody but in a dark humor pretty funny way. I laughed out loud several times. If there was ever a role for Nicklaus Cage's overacting this was the perfect vehicle! Every line he delivers is gold. The story centers on his assistant Renfield and if you know the Dracula story you know who he is.

I finished Renfield and walked right into Covenenat. If you liked Lone Survivor you will like Covenant. You will not like Biden's Afghanistan exit strategy. It is a great movie if you like violent war stories. Note it's 2 hours and 5 minutes long.

See you at the movies this summer.

A couple of funny things from Renfield. The bad guy is a weakling trying to live up to his crime-boss mother's expectations. (Not Renfield) He drives a new Challenger with a roots blower sticking out of the hood (Looks fake) and glow lights in his wheel wells. You're familiar with that giant Hellcat logo over the rear 1/4 of the car. They changed that to a wolf or dog thing.

Dracula is upset with the quality of victims Renfield is bringing him, he wants something more pure, like a group of nuns or a bus full of cheerleaders. Renfield asks if it needs to be male or female. Dracula gets exasperated and tells Renfield not to make this into some sexual thing! Renfield is upset and tries to change his ways and not get the victims for Dracula. Later while hunting in a seedy restaurant he sees a table of 4 nuns. Then a bus drives by with a bunch of cheerleader waving pompoms out the window. You see that in the trailer I showed.

it ends it's run here tonite to make way for possibly another lame assed Marvel movie..

they shoulda stopped them after Endgame.. but at least Deadpool 3 coming out next year finally..

I'm a fan of Michael Mann movies and TV shows. His list of credits is crazy good.

Producer, writer, director. I guarantee one of your favorites is in there somewhere. I guess I missed his most critically acclaimed movie called HEAT from 1995. This is a partial list of the cast.

BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjAxODQ1._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Al Pacino...Lt. Vincent Hanna
BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc0MTIxMw@@._V1_UY44_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Robert De Niro...Neil McCauley
BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY0NTU4Ng@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Val Kilmer...Chris Shiherlis
BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMyNTM1MjE@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Jon Voight...Nate
BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzk5NDE1._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Tom Sizemore...Michael Cheritto
BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc5MDkwMw@@._V1_UY44_CR1,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Diane Venora...Justine
BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQ4MjgxNQ@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Amy Brenneman...Eady
BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA2NDQz._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Ashley Judd...Charlene Shiherlis
XkFqcGdeQXVyODk5Mzg4NDY@._V1_UY44_CR13,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Mykelti Williamson...Drucker
BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjYxODky._V1_UY44_CR1,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Wes Studi...Casals
BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODkzNTkz._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Ted Levine...Bosko
BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI1MjQ4Ng@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Dennis Haysbert...Donald Breedan
yXkFqcGdeQXVyNDI5Mzk0MjM@._V1_UY44_CR2,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
William Fichtner...Roger Van Zant
yXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Natalie Portman...Lauren Gustafson
BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY4MzQzMg@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Tom Noonan...Kelso
yXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Kevin Gage...Waingro
BanBnXkFtZTcwMjE1NjM1Mg@@._V1_UX32_CR0,0,32,44_AL_.jpg
Hank Azaria...Alan Marciano

And a bunch more.

It's on Netflix. It's a full 2 hours and 50 minutes. After watching it the other night I still can't stop thinking about it. No one is entirely good or bad. I always thought De Niro and Pacino were overrated. Not in this.

My Wife and I are not Theater goers, but we went to see "Sound of Freedom" on Monday, July 3rd, and Strongly Suggest EVERYONE Goes to see it. I won't say much about it, as I DON'T want this recommendation "moved" to the Political Thread. I'll post my thought's, in another thread, in the other forum. This is NOT a Political Issue, and Should Be Allowed on the Main Forum, as This Affects Everyone.
What If this, was YOUR Child, Grandchild, Friend, Neighbor, or Relative...
IT Happens Every Single Day...

I've heard it's good.
Steve, good isn't the point. It's getting Something More Important than Life Itself, Into the Public View. Again, Everyone Needs to See It. If you can not Afford the Admission Price, there are Ways Available, to Cover Your Tickets Cost...

Auto Transport Service
Back