• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Bumpers Good or Bad?

Great info here guys. Thanks

I think I’ll go AMD instead of rechrome.

Who was the dealer that really gets you good deals on AMD? I think @Propwash and others used him.

Any suggestions on others for good customer service and price? Feel free to PM if you want.
Jeff at 521Restorations I believe. I bought a bunch of AMD from him over the years - good guy.

Last edited:
I got front and rear bumpers from Jeff at 521 also,great to deal with). Put them on in 2012. Fit great, and look as good as OEM.

Last edited:
They are ok, chrome is very nice, but they are wavy compared to a factory bumper that has been properly rechromed. Real show chrome bumpers cost about $5000 each, hundreds of hours spent stripping, blocking, 2-6 copper dips, and blocking until they are perfect. Try blocking steel it is not fun. For the money on most cars amd are fine, if your car is near perfect you will have to spend a lot more $$$$.

Really, where factory bumpers that good? Stamping them out like cookies back then. 5 grand, that’s more than I got in the whole car.

My rear bumper is still waiting for my car. Measured thickness to original and exactly the same. Brackets fit perfect.

I have AMD bumpers on my 68 charger. They fit and look good to me. Nice chrome as well.

Shipping might be a tad high to Va

Got mine through Summit. Their was some flaw's in the rear bumper. Like metal or some thing in one place. Noticed a slight dent near the top. But nothing I can't live with. That metal in the finish looked like a speck of sand that was in a couple places. But that is getting really close on the inspection. For now it is on and look's grate to me. Good luck on you choice.

Got mine through Summit. Their was some flaw's in the rear bumper. Like metal or some thing in one place. Noticed a slight dent near the top. But nothing I can't live with. That metal in the finish looked like a speck of sand that was in a couple places. But that is getting really close on the inspection. For now it is on and look's grate to me. Good luck on you choice.
How much from summit

About 475. around their. Figured 1000 for both. Got it quick in Fla. About four day's. Just make sure you paint the back like state. I just used the Rust oleum bed liner. Scuff with a red scotch pad.

About the same from Tri State for originals

Don't under stand Original's. Thought their where only after market one. Like Tazamar or AMD.

My bumpers on the car from the factory, redone

The rechrome on my OE rear bumper by House of Chrome was $1450 CDN ($1100US at the time) and my AMD front was about $620 Cdn ($465us). AMD's fit perfect, while my strip/straighten/repair and rechrome of my OE they fawked up one end of mine welding a crack that I had to coax back to correct shape to fit right and of course cracked the chrome slightly.
beerestorationfall2018 892.JPG

beerestorationfall2018 920.JPG

beerestorationfall2018 924.JPG

beerestorationfall2018 926.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back